Make an Appointment
We offer virtual and in-person appointments, depending on your needs.
Most medical appointments can be scheduled through the SHC Portal.
- Log in to the SHC Portal
- Click "Appointments"
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- Have your NYU ID and your health insurance card available for every appointment.
- Make a list of all symptoms and concerns, allergies and medications prior to your appointment.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything that is unclear or important to you.
- If you're having a virtual appointment, find a quiet space where you and your provider can communicate without background noise or distractions.
Please do not visit the SHC in-person without an appointment. If you need assistance, please call (212) 443-1000.
If you're not sure which appointment type is right for you, call the SHC at (212) 443-1000 and we will guide you to the most appropriate service.
Please note: If you have cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms, please complete the self-reporting form to notify the COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team. After you submit the form, the next available team member will contact you to review your symptoms and arrange your care. If you have an urgent concern about your symptoms and can not wait to hear back from a team member, please call (212) 443-1000 and ask to speak with a nurse.
Looking for a sick note?
As of August 2021, faculty may not require students to provide documentation to excuse class absences due to medical or mental health-related reasons. SHC will not provide a sick note. Please do not schedule an appointment to request one.
Virtual appointments are appropriate for:
- Birth control, including emergency contraception
- Cold, flu, and COVID-19 symptoms
- Fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Nutrition counseling
- Routine STI and HIV screening (if you don't have symptoms)
- Sexual health counseling
- Skin rashes
- Urinary symptoms (painful, frequent, or urgent urination)
In-person appointments are necessary anytime your provider needs to see you in-person to diagnose your symptoms and manage your care.
- Available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- In-person appointments are offered at our Manhattan and Brooklyn locations
We offer a range of counseling options to meet your urgent or ongoing mental health needs. All counseling services are offered virtually! Please do not visit in-person.
To schedule a counseling appointment you first have to pick the right appointment type for you.