Make a Virtual Appointment
You can now schedule a Virtual Care appointment to visit with an SHC provider via Zoom. Virtual Care is appropriate for a variety of conditions. Appointments are available with Primary Care and Women's Health providers. If we determine your need cannot be met through Virtual Care, we will make arrangements for an in-person appointment at the SHC or direct you to a provider in your area.
Conditions we can manage through Virtual Care
You should use Virtual Care if you have symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath – or if you may have been exposed to COVID-19. This includes anyone who:
- Traveled to or through an area with widespread, ongoing COVID-19 transmission in the last 14 days
- Had close contact with someone with a confirmed COVID-19 infection
- Had close and prolonged exposure to someone currently suspected of having COVID-19 whose test results are pending
Virtual Care is also appropriate for anyone who has:
- cold, flu, and COVID-19 symptoms
- urinary tract infections
- sexual health concerns
- birth control including emergency contraception
- genital symptoms
- belly aches, nausea, and/or diarrhea
- seasonal allergies
- pink eye
- bruises and sprains
- follow-up of chronic conditions
Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule most medical appointments through the SHC Portal. Just log in and click "Appointments".
For assistance, please call (212) 443-1000.
Note: For certain appointment types, you need to schedule your appointment by phone.
Prepare for Your Appointment
Gather everything you'll need.
- Have your NYU I.D. and your health insurance card available for every appointment.
- Make a list of all symptoms and concerns, allergies and medications, prior to your appointment so that you don't forget anything that may be important to you and your provider.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. It is important to us that all your concerns, no matter how small they seem to you, be addressed—be your own advocate!