Make an Appointment
We offer virtual and in-person appointments, depending on your needs.
Most medical appointments can be scheduled through the SHC Portal.
- Log in to the SHC Portal
- Click "Appointments"
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- Have your NYU ID and your health insurance card available for every appointment.
- Make a list of all symptoms and concerns, allergies and medications prior to your appointment.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything that is unclear or important to you.
- If you're having a virtual appointment, find a quiet space where you and your provider can communicate without background noise or distractions.
Please do not visit the SHC in-person without an appointment. If you need assistance, please call (212) 443-1000.
Masks are still required at the Student Health Center.
If you're not sure which appointment type is right for you, call the SHC at (212) 443-1000 and we will guide you to the most appropriate service.
Looking for a sick note?
As of August 2021, faculty may not require students to provide documentation to excuse class absences due to medical or mental health-related reasons. SHC will not provide a sick note. Please do not schedule an appointment to request one.
Virtual appointments are a convenient way to meet with a medical provider to diagnose and treat certain conditions. Appointments are available with Primary Care or GYN Health providers.
- Available Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm
- Virtual appointments take place on Zoom
- Due to state licensing requirements, you must be physically located in New York State at the time of your appointment.
Virtual appointments are appropriate for:
- Birth control, including emergency contraception
- Cold, flu, and COVID-19 symptoms
- Fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Nutrition counseling
- Routine STI and HIV screening (if you don't have symptoms)
- Sexual health counseling
- Skin rashes
- Urinary symptoms (painful, frequent, or urgent urination)
Need help with Zoom?
All virtual appointments take place on Zoom.
- Join a test meeting to check your connection.
- Review the NYU IT Getting Started instructions for help.
In-person appointments are necessary anytime your provider needs to see you in-person to diagnose your symptoms and manage your care.
- Available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- In-person appointments are offered at our Manhattan and Brooklyn locations
In-person appointments are appropriate for:
- Any medical concerns that can not be treated in a virtual appointment.
We offer a range of counseling options to meet your urgent or ongoing mental health needs. All counseling services are offered virtually! Please do not visit in-person.
To schedule a counseling appointment you first have to pick the right appointment type for you.
- Visit our Counseling Options website to learn about our different counseling types — Single Session, Short-term, Group, and Urgent Counseling.
- Click on the best option for you and follow the directions on that page to schedule an appointment.