If you have an urgent medical or mental health concern, we've got you covered with same-day Urgent Care and Urgent Counseling. Call us to arrange a same-day session with a provider.
If you have an urgent need, please call to arrange same-day care. Please do not visit the SHC in-person without an appointment.
Masks are still required at the Student Health Center.
Contact Us 24/7
Urgent Medical Concerns
Urgent Mental Health Concerns
Urgent Care is appropriate for illnesses and injuries that need same-day care, but are not life- or limb-threatening emergencies. Urgent Care sessions may take place in-person or virtually, depending on your symptoms and needs.
- If you have cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms, please follow the guidance for students with COVID-19 Positive Tests, Symptoms, or Exposure.
- If you have mpox symptoms, log in to the SHC Portal and click Appointments to request a nurse callback. Your nurse will advise you on testing and next steps.
If you have an urgent concern about your symptoms, please call (212) 443-1000 and ask to speak with a nurse.
Conditions that should be treated through Urgent Care:
- Breathing difficulties, such as mild to moderate asthma
- Cuts that don’t involve much blood but might need stitches
- Cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms
- Eye irritation and redness
- Severe sore throat or cough
- Skin rashes and infections
- Sprains and strains
- Urinary symptoms (painful, frequent, or urgent urination)
- Vomiting, diarrhea, or dehydration
Schedule an Urgent Care Session
Urgent Care is available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm during J-Term. You need to speak with a nurse by phone to schedule an Urgent Care session. Your nurse will talk to you about your symptoms, determine if you should see a provider virtually or in-person, and schedule you for a same-day session.
Due to state licensing requirements, you must be physically located in New York State at the time of the appointment. If you are located outside New York State, learn about your options.
To schedule an Urgent Care session, please call (212) 443-1000 and ask to speak with a nurse. If you prefer, you can submit a request through the SHC Portal to have a nurse call you instead:
- Log in to the SHC Portal
- Click "Appointments"
- Select "Nurse Triage for Urgent Medical Symptoms"
- The next available nurse will call you as soon as possible.
If you have an urgent medical concern when Urgent Care is closed, call the SHC at (212) 443-1000 and ask to speak with a nurse. Your nurse will assess your condition and advise you on when and how to get care.
If you need to speak to a counselor today, call the Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline at (212) 443-9999 to arrange Urgent Counseling. Our counselors are here for you anytime you have a time-sensitive or urgent mental health concern.
Visit our Urgent Counseling website to learn more about what to expect and how an urgent counseling session can help you.