Students working together on a computer

Request Your Transcript

An official transcript contains your entire academic record from your time at New York University. You can request an eTranscript or a paper transcript. If you don’t need an official transcript, but still need a copy of your academic record, you can download an unofficial transcript from NYU Albert.

Verifying Your Enrollment or Degree

You can request enrollment or degree verifications from the Office of the Registrar.

Enrollment verification confirms your enrollment status in current and past terms. You can find a link for enrollment verification through NYU Albert.

Degree verification confirms your enrollment history and degree awarded. This type of verification should be requested through the Office of the Registrar. 

Grades and Grading Policies

New York University offers several ways for you to check your grades and receive official documentation of your grades each semester.

You can check your final grades on NYU Albert each session.

If you require or want an official printed copy of your grades, you must request a transcript through the Office of the Registrar.

Grades are determined according to NYU policies, including incomplete grade lapsing, blank grades, and repeated courses. 

Overseas Certification and Document Authentication

If you need to have a document like a diploma, official transcript, or enrollment/graduation verification letter certified for use in a foreign country, you will need something called an apostille.

An apostille is an internationally recognized form of authentication and obtaining one for a transcription, verification, or diploma requires several steps which you will need to follow closely.

Your host country may also require an authentication in addition to the apostille.