Navigating Research and Instructional Technology
Helping you plan your technology journey
Research and Instructional Technology (RIT) aligns with NYU’s institutional mission to transform lives and the world through excellence in research, teaching, scholarship, and community. Research and Instructional Technology, comprised of an integrated Research and Teaching/Learning team, undergirds that mission and commitment through innovative, robust technology, meaningful collaboration, and a creative, skilled team.
Getting started with RIT
The many research and instructional tech resources available to the NYU community means there's a rich tapestry of options available to researchers and instructors. However, it also means it can be difficult to know where to start. The RIT team can help you assess your technology options.
- Email RIT if you have a question, or you're not sure which team to ask, or even exactly what it is you want to ask.
- High Performance Computing Support: Info about the systems, access, and training for prospective and current users of high performance computing resources.
- Remote Instruction Support: Steps and tools that can be used to connect with students remotely and deliver course materials.
- Data Services: Supports quantitative, qualitative, and geographical research
- Digital Humanities: Advancing humanities inquiry through innovative research methods, training and project funding, and centering public engagement.