Health and Wellness
Student Health Center
Get same-day care or after-hours help with any urgent medical or mental health needs.
Do you need urgent medical care or urgent counseling?
Call us to reserve the next available appointment or get assistance by phone! Please do not arrive without calling first.
- Medical: (212) 443-1000
- Mental Health: (212) 443-9999
All matriculated students in a degree-granting program have access to the SHC, regardless of insurance. Incoming students can begin using the SHC on January 9th (for the spring term), May 14th (for the summer term), and August 21st (for the fall term).
Due to state licensing requirements, the SHC is only able to provide virtual appointments (telehealth) to students who are physically located in New York State at the time of their appointment.
If you are located outside of New York State and need medical or mental health care:
Please consider the following options:
- Schedule an in-person appointment at the SHC.
- Request a referral from the SHC for a local provider.
- If you will be physically located in New York State at the time of your appointment, schedule a virtual appointment at the SHC.
If you have an urgent need, our 24/7 support lines are always available to you:
- Call the Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline at (212) 443-9999 or chat via the Wellness Exchange app anytime you need to speak to a counselor about a time-sensitive or urgent issue.
- Call the SHC at (212) 443-1000 and ask to speak with a nurse about an urgent medical concern. Your nurse will assess your condition by phone and advise you on when and how to get care.