Brightspace for Teaching and Learning
NYU Brightspace, our learning management system, has replaced NYU Classes. Review the faculty/staff page and student page for checklists, getting started guides, self-paced learning, and training. Faculty members, schools may have additional resources to help you get started. Please contact your Ed Tech support team for details.
Not Seeing Your Course in Brightspace?
Check with your instructor to see if they created the course and made it active/visible to students.
Faculty & Staff Training
Get familiar with the look and feel of NYU Brightspace and learn more about tools, capabilities, and training:
Faculty & Staff Training page
Faculty Checklist for NYU Brightspace Course Site Set-Up
Watch the student videos and discover the NYU Brightspace.
Read the Student Training page
Reusing NYU Classes Content in NYU Brightspace
If you are a faculty member and would like to reuse existing NYU Classes content within NYU Brightspace, this content will be easily accessible within the NYU Brightspace system. NYU IT will be automatically transitioning NYU Classes courses from 2019-forward to NYU Brightspace. You will be able to reference this content to copy materials into your current or future course offerings. A self-service tool is also available in NYU Classes to migrate course content to NYU Brightspace.
Visit the Reusing NYU Classes Content page to learn more.
How do I log into NYU Brightspace?
- Go to the NYU Brightspace card at NYUHome
- Log in directly at https://brightspace.nyu.edu
- Click the login button at the top of this page.
Is there a mobile app for NYU Brightspace?
For the best experience on mobile, we recommend using NYU Brightspace through your mobile device’s browser. The Brightspace “Pulse” mobile app is not optimized for the best user experience at this time.
Where can I get training information?
- Faculty/Staff: Check out the Faculty & Staff Training page.
- Students: Check out the Student Training page.
How do I get support?
- Review the faculty/staff page and student page for guides, self-paced learning, and training opportunities.
- Contact the NYU IT Service Desk to submit a ticket for any issues or questions:
- Email: email@example.com
- Global Contact Info
- Phone: 212-998-3333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact your local school Educational Technology Support contacts for additional support offerings and resources (Google Doc—NYU NetID/password may be required).
Need Help with Brightspace?
- Contact the NYU IT Service Desk with questions: email email@example.com, see Global Contact Info.
- Contact your Educational Technology Support contacts for school-specific resources (NYU login required).
NYU IT Service Desk is available 24x7. Please email if not urgent.