The Community College Transfer Opportunity Program (CCTOP) is a scholarship and assistance program for students transferring from partnership community colleges into NYU.
Our goal at CCTOP is not just to help you get into NYU, but to help you graduate from NYU. We want you to enjoy your experience, keep everything running as smoothly as possible, and graduate successfully.
- Nomination required by a faculty member or administrator at their community college.
- Be enrolled at a participating community college.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the community college.
- GPAs and credits required vary between NYU’s programs. At minimum, you must have 60 transferable credits and a 3.0 GPA. Exceptions to this are detailed below.
- Must submit Transfer application by deadline.
- Note: NYU cannot sponsor visas for CCTOP students.
Find out more about the application process and timeline.
CCTOP Partner Divisions
The CCTOP program partners with several divisions at NYU. Click on the links below to view the eligible majors within each division:
- NYU College of Arts and Science (Humanities Programs)
- NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development
- NYU Silver School of Social Work
- NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- NYU School of Professional Studies–Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies
Application and financial aid processes vary across divisions. Click here for more information on how to apply.
CCTOP Partnership Schools
The following community colleges are partner schools in the Community College Transfer Opportunity Program. Students not attending one of these schools are not eligible for the award currently.
CCTOP Partnership Schools
- Bergen Community College
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Bronx Community College
- Guttman Community College
- Hostos Community College
- Housatonic Community College
- Kingsborough Community College
- LaGuardia Community College
- Middlesex County College
- Nassau Community College
- Queensborough Community College
- Rockland Community College
- Suffolk County Community College
- Westchester Community College
The CCTOP program makes numerous visits to the partner schools every semester, for transfer fairs, presentations and workshops. If you're a current CCTOP student and would like to visit your former campus, or you'd like to set something up with a former club or organization you were involved in, please contact us. Your success is your accomplishment, but it's a source of pride for your community college and a source of inspiration for many of those who will follow you. Help us share that.