Thanksgiving Break Guide
November 27 to December 1, 2019
For the Thanksgiving Break, there are no classes on Wednesday, November 27 and NYU administrative offices will close at 4pm. Note that some services and facilities may be open during the Thanksgiving Break, including the Department of Public Safety (212-998-2222) and the Wellness Exchange (212-443-9999). All residence halls are open and staffed.
THANKSGIVING AT DOWNSTEIN
NYU Eats at Downstein will be open on Thanksgiving day from 10am-4pm! Join us for a Thanksgiving themed menu served all day.
- Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Wild Rice, Dried
- Cranberries with a Toasted Sesame, and Orange Vinaigrette
- Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Whipped Cream
- Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Shallots
- Candied Butter Yams
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Toasted Cinnamon Oats and
- Homemade Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Holiday Roasted Balsamic Root Vegetables
- Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Herb Roasted Turkey
- Homemade Turkey Gravy
- Tofurkey Sliced to Order
- Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
A number of NYU facilities will be open during all or parts of the breaks. Please visit the respective locations for more information on their hours of operation.
Volunteering and Seasonal Happenings
A great holiday tradition is volunteering locally. Below are some organizations with opportunities over Thanksgiving:
- Broadway Community
- Bowery Mission
- New York City Rescue Mission
- City Meals on Wheels
- The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
Here are some other websites that are also helpful for finding volunteer opportunities in NYC:
This website is overseen by the NYU Center for Student Life. If you have suggestions to this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org.