Summer 2021 Activities, Events, and Opportunities
NYU's Division of Student Affairs and our campus partners are committed to providing students with programming, activities, resources, and support services to complement the academic experience. Below you can find a list of opportunities to engage with NYU over the summer.
Resources by Audience
Resources by Interest
Career, Mentorship, Entrepreneurship & Post Grad Opportunities
Career & Post Grad
- Search for jobs and interships, attend virtual career events and fairs, and explore 50+ digital career guides via Handshake.
- Access Wasserman's Career Modules for a variety of career topics and resources, assess your comprehension, and apply your learning.
- Schedule a virtual career coaching appointment with Wasserman.
- Learn and practice your interview skills virtually with Big Interview.
- Get instant personalized feedback for your resume with VMock (undergraduates only).
- Access professional career preparation tool Versatile PhD (graduates only).
- Read Wasserman's job search guide for undergraduate students and job search guide for graduate students.
- Listen to All in a Day's Work, a podcast featuring members of the NYU community navigating the professional world.
- Join Violet Network to meet alumni, ask questions and seek guidance, and find paths to professional aspirations.
Stay Connected with Career, Mentorship, Entrepreneurship & Post Grad
- Entrepreneurs Blog
- Entrepreneurs Newsletters (Leslie eLab Insider, Entrepreneurship @ NYU, BioVentures @ NYU, and Deep Tech)
- NYU Entrepreneur Facebook
- NYU Entrepreneur Instagram
- NYU Entrepreneur Twitter
NYU Production Lab
- Production Lab Newsletter
- Production Lab Facebook
- Production Lab Instagram
- Production Lab Twitter
- Production Lab Vimeo
- Production Lab YouTube
Wasserman Center for Career Development
Community & Connection Opportunities
- Find a student club or organization on NYU Engage
- Class Activities Board
- Program Board (PB)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- International Student Center
- Military & Veteran Students
- Transfer Students
- Commuter Students
- Graduate Student Life
- Student Government Assembly (SGA)
Identity-Based Student Groups & Networking
- Cultural and Identity-Based Groups and Organizations
- Religious and Faith-Based Groups and Organizations
- LGBTQ+ Student Groups and Organizations
- Multicultural Fraternities and Sororities
- Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, and Equity-focused (IDBE) events
Athletics, Intramurals & Recreation
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Opportunities
- Visit the NYC Pride website and check back soon for information about NYU's Pride events, happening in late June 2021!
- Engage with anti-racism education, programs, and resources.
- Attend the Office of Global Inclusion's events and watch past OGI event recordings.
- Find CMEP events and resources that aim to engage, and support students of color and those of marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds.
- Find LGBTQ+ Center events and resources to develop your understanding of and engage with LGBTQ+ communities.
Stay Connected with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Exploration & Self Care Opportunities
Free Fitness, Yoga, and Meditation!
- Stretch, dance, and work out with NYU Athletics' free recreation classes.
- Join MindfulNYU's free meditation and yoga classes.
- Explore mindfulness resources and media and wellness programming.
- Who doesn't love the smell of fresh-baked bread? Check back soon for information on Rise with Robert: a monthly series on the mindful art of bread baking!
- Register for the next Mindful Living Workshop to cultivate a holistic sense of well-being that aligns one’s mind, body, and spirit allowing for a more present, empowered, and easeful daily experience. Dates will be posted soon.
- Explore strategies for building the life you want with the Becoming Your Desired Self series.
Health & Wellness Services
The Student Health Center is here for you anytime! Find a list of Health and Wellness services.
- Schedule a Virtual Care appointment or call (212) 443-1000 for urgent medical needs.
Mental Health Services
- Call the Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline at (212) 443-9999 or chat via the app anytime (iPhone or Android).
- Make a virtual counseling appointment, or join virtual drop-in counseling hours.
- Attend a Wellness Workshop.
- Engage in more Wellness Programing and Resources.
- NYU Connections ASD is a free and optional program for autistic NYU students dedicated to promoting student success by promoting a culture of acceptance and belonging.
Religious & Spiritual Life Opportunities
- Check back soon to join Global Spiritual Life's summer book club! Hosted by a GSL staff member, the book club is open to all members of the NYU community.
- Connect virtually with a Spiritual Life Advisor for Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Hindu, Humanist/Non-Theist/Secular, and Interfaith guidance.
- Join NYU's Spiritual and Faith-Based Clubs for Buddhist, Catholic, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Mindfulness, Muslim, Protestant, Secular, and Sikh communities.
- Find the Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life's programs and FAQs.
- Find the Islamic Center's programs.
Service & Activism Opportunities
- Browse NYU Service virtual volunteering opportunities or sign up to NYU Service's newsletter to receive updates.
- Apply for or contribute to the NYU Student Emergency Fund.
- Get involved with NYC COVID-19 Relief donation and volunteering opportunities.
- Explore Creative Community Resources compiled by the NYU Production Lab.