Submit Your US Entry Plan Information
All newly admitted NYU international students must apply for an I-20 or DS-2019 from NYU before starting their academic program at NYU. Once you receive your I-20 or DS-2019 from our office, we realize that some of you may experience difficulty being able to travel to the United States by your program’s start date if you are not already currently within the United States.
If you plan to arrive in the United States after the program start date as indicated on your current I-20 or DS-2019 or defer to a later session start date, we must change the start date listed on your document and send you an updated I-20 or DS-2019, even if you are taking the NYU Go Local option OR if you are starting your academic program remotely outside of the United States. For these reasons, we request that you submit your US entry plan information.
Who Should Submit US Entry Plan Information?
All newly admitted international students and students returning from a leave of absence who already have an I-20 or DS-2019 from NYU but the I-20 or DS-2019 listed program start date does not accurately match the actual start date of the in-person, hybrid, or blended course(se) in the United States. This includes students who:
- Intend to study remotely outside of the US,
- Have been approved for a Go Local option and intend to enter the United States for a future semester,
- Are starting at NYU in a future term,
- Decide to no longer attend NYU, or
- Are unable to enter the US by the semester start date indicated on your I-20 or DS-2019.
Information for Students with Summer 2021 I-20/DS-2019 Start Dates
For students entering the US for the first time in their NYU academic program with their most recent I-20/DS-2019 that has a program start date between May 10 and August 16, 2021, you must:
- Enroll in at least one in-person or blended course
- Ensure that the start date of your in-person or blended course for the summer term matches the start date listed on your I-20/DS-2019
If these requirements are NOT met, you must:
- Update OGS by completing the US Entry Plan Form to confirm what term you are able to enroll in at least one in-person or blended course
- If you need an updated I-20/DS-2019 for summer 2021, you must have your summer 2021 enrollment proof available to upload to the form.
For more information, you can also review this previously recorded information session. Please note, the information presented in the session was accurate on the date that the webinar was recorded and is subject to change. To access the recording, you must log into Zoom with your NYU ID and password using the SSO option at nyu.zoom.us. You cannot use an external email.
How to Submit Your US Entry Plan Information
You must first speak with your academic department to confirm that they are both aware of and supportive of your plans for your first academic term in the United States. If you intend to defer to a future semester/year or you need to arrive late in the US for your first academic term in the US, you must have their permission before you submit your US entry plan information to us.
We ask that you have a confirmed visa appointment or visa already approved (except for Canadian citizens) before submitting your US entry plan information.
We also request that you have your US travel information on hand before submitting your US entry plan information. If you don't yet have a clear idea of when you will be able to travel into the US, we ask that you wait to submit your US entry plan information until you know.
* You must be logged into your NYU email account in order to access the form.
If the information you provide us with necessitates a new I-20 or DS-2019, OGS will then update the information on your I-20 or DS-2019 within 10 business days and send you an updated version that will support your entry into the United States.