Report Changes to Your US Arrival Plan
All newly admitted NYU international students must apply for an I-20 or DS-2019 from NYU before starting their academic program at NYU. Once you receive your I-20 or DS-2019 from our office, we realize that some of you may need to change your arrival plans to the US due to visa delays or other personal reasons.
If your arrival plans have changed and you will not enter the US by the start date listed on your current I-20 or DS-2019, Office of Global Services staff must update your I-20 or DS-2019. For this reasons, we request that you report your change of plans to OGS.
Who Needs to Report Changes?
All newly admitted international students and students returning from a leave of absence who already have an I-20 or DS-2019 from NYU whose US arrival plan has changed. This includes students who:
- Plan to arrive after the term or semester listed on your most recent I-20/DS-2019,
- Intend to arrive for a semester or term earlier than the one listed on your most recent I-20/DS-2019,
- Need to defer your admission and will therefore start your NYU academic program during a future semester,
- Intend to study remotely outside of the US for the first semester listed on your most recent I-20/DS-2019,
- Decide to no longer attend NYU in the US, or
- Received an NYU I-20 or DS-2019 but decide to instead enter the US in another immigration status (not F-1 or J-1).
How to Report Changes to Your US Arrival Plan
If your change in arrival plans impacts your ability to start your academic program on time, you must first speak with your academic department to confirm that they are both aware and supportive of your plans for your first academic term in the United States. If you intend to defer to a future semester/year or you need to arrive late for your first academic term in the US, you must have their permission before you report changes to us.
Simply click the link and complete the form to report changes to your US arrival plan.
* You must be logged into your NYU email account in order to access the form.
If the information you provide us with necessitates a new I-20 or DS-2019, OGS will then update the information on your I-20 or DS-2019 within 10 business days and send you an updated version that will support your entry into the United States.