We’ve compiled a list of recreation resources for spouses or partners at NYU. If you find other great resources to add to the list, let us know at email@example.com.
Gyms and Fitness Center
NYU Athletics offers membership at a cost for family members. You will need to bring your NYU ID and appointment letter to join. Contact the membership office to inquire about fees or more information.
Spouse and partners need to provide a marriage certificate or two forms of proof from the NYU list that demonstrates a valid partnership. In lieu of the marriage/domestic partnership certificate you can provide two of the following to access NYU fitness centers:
- Joint mortgage or lease with both names printed on lease
- Designation of partner as beneficiary of life insurance
- Designation of partner as beneficiary in will
- Joint ownership of a motor vehicle
- Joint checking account or savings account
- Health care proxy
- Full Time Student Family - $128 (Sept 1 - Aug 31)
- Part Time Student Family - $366 (Sept 1 - Aug 31)
- Visiting Scholar - $366 (Sept 1 - Aug 31)
- Visiting Scholar Spouse/DP - $366 (Sept 1 - Aug 31)
Membership office hours
404 Fitness Membership Office
404 Lafayette Street, NY, NY 10003 Phone – (212) 998-2045
Operating Hours: M,T,W,F = 10am to 4pm, TH = 11am to 7pm
Sat 9am - 2pm
Palladium Membership Office
140 East 14th Street, NY, NY 10003 Phone – (212) 992-8510
Operating Hours: M,T,TH,F = 9:30am to 4:30pm & W = 11am to 7pm
There are many private gyms and fitness centers around NYC. Most require monthly or yearly memberships; make sure you inquire about all costs and read any contract closely before you sign!
Parks and Recreation
NYC has an extensive network of parks located in many different neighborhoods. The NYC Department of Parks & Recreation runs programs throughout the year and maintains facilities in the parks. They offer opportunities to volunteer as well. There are countless events happening in NYC on any given day; many websites compile upcoming events, such as plays, art shows, concerts, comedy shows, festivals, and much more. Check out Time Out NYC or NYCGo.