Visa for NYU Prague
Immigration Process Overview
Get a Passport
Getting a passport and providing us with a copy of the Bio page is the first step. Learn more about how to get and upload your passport information.
Apply for a Visa
Find out if you need a visa, how to apply for one, and about what documents you will need to gather. Learn more about how and where to apply your visa.
Before Your Travel
In order to board your international flight you will need your passport with valid visa inside. Learn more about all that you need to know before you travel.
After Your Arrival
Find out what to do if your passport is lost or stolen while abroad. Learn more about how to maintain your status after your arrival.
Typical Timeline for Immigration Process
- October and March: Acceptance into study away
- Prepare documents for your visa application
- Upon receipt of NYU Prague documents: First day to submit visa application to the consulate
- 65 days before semester away start date: Deadline to apply for your visa
Special Note for International Students
If You Are a F-1 Student
To keep your F-1 status abroad you must：
- Register as a full-time student.
- Keep a local US address in Albert.
- Get a travel signature on your I-20 before departing the US.
- Check your F-1 visa to ensure it will be valid when you plan to return to the US. If you need a new one, review how to renew your U.S. visa.
- Continue to check your NYU email while you're outside of the US. It's the only way we could contact you if there is any issue with your immigration record.
- Talk to an advisor at the OGS prior to leaving if you want to work in the US right after you return.
If You Are a J-1 Student
- You must contact us immediately for guidance if you wish to study abroad for a semester or year.
Are you an international student and want to study or travel outside the US for more than 5 months? Contact us.
Upcoming NYU Prague Visa Workshops