If Your Passport is Lost or Stolen

While traveling with NYU outside of the United States: 

  • Report the loss to the local police and get a copy of the police report.
  • Contact the OGS to inform us of the loss so that we can provide additional documentation and information to help you get a new passport and replacement visa as soon as possible.
  • Contact NYU site staff at your current study location immediately to notify them of the loss. This is particularly important if you have traveled outside of your site country and may be delayed returning to classes.
  • Contact your country's local consulate or Embassy in order to get a replacement passport. If you saved a copy of your now lost passport digitally, please print and bring with you for proof of identification.