Travel without required Documents

Didn’t have all your documents with you when you last entered the US as an international student? Received an I-515A from the officer at the immigration check? Find out what to do now if you received an I-515A at the border.

What the I-515A Is

If you try to enter the US without all your required documents or with unsigned or missing information, the US immigration officer may deny your entry into the US. As an alternative, the officer might issue you a Form I-515A, which allows you temporary entry into the US for 30 days.

Within 30 days of your entry, you must submit your I-515A and supporting documents to the US government. If you don’t, the government will automatically END your immigration record and you will then have no legal status in the US.

What to Do if You Received an I-515A