Photo Requirements for EAD Application
If you are applying for an Employment Authorization Document(EAD), you must provide two (2) photos.
- Must be taken within 30 days of your application and cannot be used for any previously issued visa
- Make sure the photo presents the full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin (See size requirement details below)
- Center the head with the frame (See Figure 2 below)
- With an neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily bases:
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast any shadows on your face
- MUST be in color
- Eyeglasses are no longer allowed.
- Medical documentation is required if you must keep them on to protect your eyes due to ocular surgery.
Submitting photos in application:
On back of each photo, write the following information in ballpoint pen or pencil [make sure not to get photos smudged with ink]
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- I-94 record number
- SEVIS ID # [on I-20 above bar code; begins with “N000...”]
Place photos in envelope [to prevent scratches].