If you want to work outside of NYU, you have several options that are dependent on your status as an F-1 or J-1 international student. Read on to learn more about your different employment options.

Academic Training (J-1 Students ONLY)

Academic Training is temporary employment that is directly related to your field of study. Learn more about what it is, eligibility requirements, and how to apply.

International Organizations (F-1 Students ONLY)

This type of employment is for students who have been offered an internship with a recognized international organization, such as the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and more.

Economic Need

If you have lost your funding for your NYU education for reasons that are beyond your control, you may be able to request economic need employment.

Extended On-Campus Employment (F-1 Graduate Students ONLY)

This type of employment is for graduate students who have work at a non-NYU site but payment is received through a research grant or contractual agreement between the NYU academic department or program and an outside firm or organization.