Immigration Updates and Events
Page last updated September 29, 2023.
During the academic year, the Office of Global Services sends out two separate newsletters to all international students at NYU: Immigration Spotlight and The International Student Hub (I-Hub) Newsletter. Learn more about I-Hub.
All current international students in F-1 or J-1 status are automatically signed up for our emails. There is no need to sign up again. If you are a parent, spouse, or friend, consider bookmarking this page to ensure you are up to date with all things NYU. If you work for NYU and want to be added to our employee distribution list, sign up to receive OGS + I-Hub Update emails.
Recent Updates from OGS to International Students
Recent Updates from the US Government
The links below are for US government websites.
- 07/12/2023: Update to the Department of Homeland Security STEM Designated Degree Program List
- 05/12/2023: Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) ended its COVID-19 guidance on May 11, 2023
- 05/12/2023: Notice of End to Requirement for Air Passengers to Provide Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Before Boarding a Flight to the United States
- 03/28/2023: Schedule of Fees for Consular Services-Nonimmigrant and Special Visa Fees
- 03/28/2023: US Department of State provides sponsors two new options: use digital signature software to sign DS-2019 forms and electronically transmit Forms DS-2019 effective April 27, 2023
- 03/06/2023: USCIS Announces Premium Processing; New Online-Filing Procedures for Certain F-1 Students Seeking OPT or STEM OPT Extensions