Immigration Updates and Events
Page last updated May 19, 2022.
During the academic year, the Office of Global Services sends out two separate newsletters to all international students at NYU: Immigration Spotlight and Happening Around NYU.
All current international students in F-1 or J-1 status are automatically signed up for our emails. There is no need to sign up again. If you are a parent, spouse, or friend, consider bookmarking this page to ensure you are up to date with all things NYU. If you work for NYU and want to be added to our employee distribution list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Updates from OGS
- 05/15/2022: Immigration Spotlight
- 05/08/2022: Happening Around NYU
- 05/03/2022: Need to Know: Travel for F-1 and J-1 International Students
- 05/01/2022: Immigration Spotlight
- 03/22/2022: Need to Know: OGS Appointments and How to Cancel
- 03/13/2022: Happening Around NYU
- 03/10/2022: Need to Know: Scam Awareness
- 02/10/2022: Need to Know: Tax
- 01/31/2022: Need to Know: OPT (sent to all F-1 students)
Recent Updates from the US Government
The links below are for US government websites.
- 05/20/2022: Designation of Afghanistan for Temporary Protected Status (US Federal Register)
- 04/19/2022: Designation of Ukraine for Temporary Protected Status (US Federal Register)
- 04/19/2022: Designation of Sudan for Temporary Protected Status (US Federal Register)
- 04/18/2022: SEVP COVID-10 Guidance for the 2022-2023 Academic Year (ICE)
- 04/15/2022: Secretary Mayorkas Designates Cameroon for Temporary Protected Status (USCIS)
- 03/03/2022: Employment Authorization for South Sudanese F-1 Nonimmigrant Students Experiencing Sever Economic Hardship as a Direct Result of the Current Crisis in South Sudan (DHS)
- 01/21/2022: Announcement of F/M/J Processing Posts for Applicants Resident in Russia (Department of State)
- 01/21/2022: Fact Sheet: Biden-Harris Administration Actions to Attract STEM Talent and Strengthen our Economy and Competitiveness (The White House Briefing Room)
- 01/21/2022: Update to the Department of Homeland Security STEM Designated Degree Program List (DHS)
- 01/20/2022: DHS to Require Non-US Individual Travelers Entering the United States at Land Ports of Entry and Ferry Terminals to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 (DHS)