General Information

  • Since interpretation of regulations governing veterans' benefits is subject to change, veterans should refer regularly to the VA website.
  • GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

How to Use Your VA Benefits

Step 1: Apply With VA
  • After you’ve been admitted to NYU, complete the paperwork through the VA, a Certificate of Eligibility Letter (COE) will be mailed, indicating the chapter and eligible benefit(s).
    • Chapter 31 veterans: your case manager will issue an e-authorization code to the NYU School Certifying Official, which permits the SCO to certify your enrollment with the VA
    • The VA Form 22-1905 is no longer used; students do not need to retrieve this form as part of their certification request
Step 2: Register for Classes at NYU
Step 3: Inform NYU of your Benefit Eligibility
  • Upon receipt of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from VA, submit it to Registrar by  completing this form .  If you do not yet have a COE, attach a screenshot of your benefit information (percentage of coverage, remaining training time, etc.) from the VA eBenefits website to the form, but you will still be required to send the COE  to the Registrar once you receive it. 
  • After registering for classes each term, complete this form for our SCO so they can certify your enrollment Note that you may need to login to NYU using your NetID/password to complete the form.  Please be sure to redact your SSN on any attachment(s) and include your N#.

Important Notes For/About: