Enrollment and Degree Verifications
- Enrollment Verifications document a student's enrollment status in current and past terms. The verification document includes name, major, enrollment history (full-, half-, or part-time) and expected graduation date. Enrollment certifications are frequently needed for health insurance coverage and loan deferments.
- The Enrollment Verification link can be found under the Grades & Transcripts section of the Student Center.
- Eligible students can also view/print a Good Student Discount Certificate which can be mailed to any company that requests proof of this status (based on cumulative GPA) via Albert.
- Please note that when you update your Expected Graduation Date in Albert Student Center. This may take up to two weeks to be reflected in your enrollment verification retrieved from Student Center.
- If you cannot access Albert, request a copy using this form.
- Degree Verifications document a student's enrollment history and their degree awarded. The document includes name, major, enrollment history (full-, half-, or part-time) and their graduation date and degree.
Note for Tandon School of Engineering students
- If you were a student before summer 2014 and need the entire history of your enrollment and/or degree verification, you will be unable to do so via Albert/the National Student Clearinghouse. To obtain certification of your entire academic history, please visit the Student Services Center or StudentLink or request via a signed request form.
- If you need certification of just your current enrollment, you may obtain this through Albert.
Expediting Verification Delivery - FedEx
Note these options provide the fastest service:
- Albert Request (instant download of PDF Verification)
- In-Person Request (FREE; printed on the spot with photo ID)
- Third party pick up
If your request requires expedited mail service, note that the only express mail service provider used by the Registrar's Office is FedEx.
- While verifications are free of charge, if you wish to have them shipped FedEx, you will be responsible for the shipping charges.
- Please note that requesting documents to be sent via FedEx does not guarantee the processing time. All requests are processed in the order in which the requests are received.
- FedEx will not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
- Verifications will be not shipped via FedEx without a pre-paid shipping label.
- Students sending from an international address may incur a higher FedEx fee. Please contact FedEx with questions of applicable fees. If sending to an international address, contact FedEx to create FedEx account to assist in creating your shipping label.
To request your transcript(s) be sent via FedEX:
- Complete a FedEx Shipping Label. For help/questions creating a shipping label, contact FedEx directly at 1-800-463-3339.
- Create a pre-paid FedEx shipping label (use your own address in the “From” section; if undeliverable to desired destination, FedEx will return the package to you).
- Once your shipping label is created, a PDF version of the label will be emailed to you by FedEx.
- Email the PDF of your shipping label and a signed request form as attachments in a single email to email@example.com. Use the subject line “FedEX verification request.”
- If you are a third party, use the EnrollmentVerify service available from the National Student Clearinghouse to verify enrollment or degree of a New York University student/alumnus.
- For help with this service, please view the help guide.
There is a fee for all services provided by the National Student Clearinghouse.