Enrollment Verification

You may need to request an enrollment verification to confirm your status as a student for current and past terms for things like health insurance coverage and loan deferments.

The verification documents contain your name, major, enrollment history, including full-, half-, or part-time terms, and expected graduation date.

To obtain enrollment verification documents:

  • Go to NYU Albert
  • Then to Grades and Transcripts
  • And click on the MyHub - Enrollment Verification link

If you can’t access NYU Albert, you may sign up for MyHub directly from the National Student Clearinghouse public landing site available here. Select the option labeled "Create Your Account Now" and sign up with a LinkedIn or Google account. 

If your enrollment certificate is unavailable through MyHub, you can request a paper copy of your enrollment verification.

You may also view and print a Good Student Discount Certificate in NYU Albert  that you can give to a company requesting proof of this status.

Please note that when you update your Expected Graduation Date in Albert Student Center. This may take up to two weeks to be reflected in your enrollment verification retrieved from Student Center.

Degree Verification

Your degree verification document includes your name, major, enrollment history, including full-, half-, or part-time terms, and your graduation date and degree.

To request this document, submit the Degree Certification Request Form.

Please note: Students who attended the Graduate Stern School of Business or the School of Medicine must contact their school’s record office directly to request a transcript.

In Person Requests

PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, in person services at the StudentLink Center are restricted only to currently enrolled students, and completion of the Daily COVID-19 Screener is required for building access.

In person verification requests are one of the fastest ways to get the documentation you need. You can do this by visiting a StudentLink Center.

You can also authorize a third party to pick up your verification request by filling out the Consent to Disclosure of Student Information form.

You can request and pick up your verification from our two StudentLink locations:

383 Lafayette St.
New York, NY 10003

5 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201

To submit your request you will need to bring a valid photo ID with you, preferably an NYU ID card or a state ID, driver’s license, passport, or other official form of ID if you no longer have a student ID.

We suggest you complete the Degree/Enrollment Certification Request Form when you arrive at your StudentLink location. You will receive your transcript during your visit.

If you require a specialized document or transcript that may take more time to prepare, like a notarized transcript or customized enrollment verification letter, you will be notified through ServiceLink when your document is ready. Your notification will tell you where to pick up your document.

Third Parties

Third parties should use Verification Services offered by the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to verify the enrollment or degree of a New York University student or alumnus.

If you are using this method, you should enter New York University when asked for the student’s school.

The NSC has provided this guide if you need more help.

Please note: Verification requests for MBA and MD degrees should be sent to the Stern School of Business and the School of Medicine, respectively.