Request Your Transcript
Types of Transcripts
You have the option of requesting a few types of transcripts depending on your reason for needing one.
- An official transcript provides a complete record of your academic progress as a student at New York University. We can provide you with an eTranscript or printed transcript.
- An unofficial transcript allows you to verify your degree and graduation date, but can’t be used for official purposes. Confirming your information on an unofficial transcript is useful before requesting an official transcript.
See below for instructions on how to request both types of transcripts.
- Transcripts cannot be produced if your record has been put on hold for an outstanding University obligation like a financial hold.
- Because transcripts contain confidential academic information they are released through the FERPA. Therefore, we will need your consent to issue them to a third party.
- If you attended NYU more than once, for example for an undergraduate and a graduate degree, you will need to request one transcript for each career.
- Students attending or who have attended the Grossman School of Medicine must contact their school’s record office directly to request a transcript.
- Important information for undergraduate students: Your academic advisor is a critical resource for making important academic decisions. Be sure to consult with your advisor if you are considering attending a summer session or study abroad program at another university or if you are considering transferring out of NYU to complete your degree elsewhere.
Learn more about requesting:
You can request an official eTranscript through NYU Albert through the Request Official Transcript link under the Grades and Transcripts section.
An eTranscript is a good option if you need to send attachments with your transcript. eTranscripts can be sent with up to two attachments.
eTranscripts cost $3.50 for each recipient which can be paid by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit or debit cards. You will be charged for your order when the transcript has been created.
Tip: Before you complete your request, check your unofficial transcript to ensure that all your grades are posted and, if you are a recent graduate, to ensure that your degree is posted.
After you place an order for an eTranscript:
- You will receive two confirmation emails from NSC confirming the receipt of the order and consent form.
- Another email will be sent when your transcript has been created and sent to you.
- If you are not part of NSC’s ETX service, you will receive two emails that provide the user name and password needed to retrieve the secure PDF transcript.
- You will receive a notification email once you have downloaded your transcripts.
- You have 30 days to retrieve transcripts and will receive periodic reminder notifications.
There are three ways you can request a copy of your printed transcript:
- Through NYU Albert. Complete the online request form with our partner National Student Clearinghouse.
- By ordering it directly from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- In person at one of the StudentLink locations in Brooklyn or Manhattan. You’ll fill out a request form in person and the transcript will be provided on the spot. Paper copies of your transcript are provided at no cost.
While picking up your printed transcript in person or arranging for a third party to pick it up are the cheapest and fastest ways to receive it, you can also request expedited mail service through FedEx.
- Expedited shipping through FedEx does not guarantee a faster processing time. All requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
- You will be responsible for FedEx shipping costs. Students sending transcripts from an international address may pay a higher FedEx fee.
- FedEx does not deliver to P.O. Boxes
You can view your unofficial transcript through NYU Albert under the Grades and Transcripts section of the Student Center. Select “View my unofficial transcription” with your pop-up blocker off in your browser to view.
Tip: Request an unofficial transcript to verify your degree and conferral date before you submit a request for an official transcript.
Please note: The Registrar’s Office does not issue unofficial transcripts. You must print them through NYU Albert.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, in person services at the StudentLink Center are restricted only to currently enrolled students, and completion of the Daily COVID-19 Screener is required for building access.
In person transcript requests are one of the fastest ways to get the documentation you need.
You can also authorize a third party to pick up your transcript by filling out the Consent to Disclosure of Student Information form.
You can request and pick up your transcript from our two StudentLink locations:
383 Lafayette St.
New York, NY 10003
5 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201
To submit your request you will need to bring a valid photo ID with you, preferably an NYU ID card or a state ID, driver’s license, passport, or other official form of ID if you no longer have a student ID.
If you require a specialized document or transcript that may take more time to prepare, like a notarized transcript or customized enrollment verification letter, you will be notified through ServiceLink when your document is ready. Your notification will tell you where to pick up your document.