Mid-term and Final grades are available on Albert after they are received from the instructor.
- View your mid-term grades
- In your Student Center, select "Grades" from the "other academic" drop-down menu. On the "Class Grades" grid, click the "Mid-term Grades" tab.
- View your final grades
- A grade point average (GPA) is a weighted average that measures scholastic achievements on a scale from 4.0 (highest), an A, to 0.0 (lowest), an F.
- The GPA is computed by dividing the total number of quality points earned by the total number of credit hours earned. Learn how (pdf).
- Grades not entered by the course instructor or authorized school administrator within 60 days from the grade due deadline will lapse to NR (No Record). NR grades can be later changed by instructors or authorized administrators using the standard grade change process in Albert.
- Courses with NR grades will not count toward earned credit and will not factor into the GPA, but will count as credits attempted and will impact academic progress evaluations used for financial aid eligibility.
- Students may not graduate with NR grades on their record without a formal documented exception approved by the academic Dean.
Incomplete (I) grades will lapse to failing (F) grades based on the lapsing rule of the school that offered the course.
- Abu Dhabi
- College of Global Public Health
- Gallatin (undergraduate)
- Gallatin (graduate)
- Global Programs
- Liberal Studies
- Nursing (undergraduate)
- Nursing (graduate)
- Social Work
- Stern (undergraduate)
- Stern (graduate)
- SPS (undergraduate)
- SPS (graduate)
- Tandon (undergraduate)
- Tandon (graduate)
Repeated courses are reflected on a student's transcript based on the rule of the student's home school.
The system below is in effect for all schools/divisions of NYU except the College of Dentistry, School of Law, and School of Medicine. Note that a specific grade may not be valid in a particular school/division.
|Letter Grade||Legend||Quality Points|
|D+||Minimum Passing Grade||1.3|
|D||Minimum Passing Grade||1.0|
|N||No Credit/Unofficial Withdrawal||0.0|
Unable to Evaluate
(Mid-Term grading only)
Grades preceded with V are
not included in GPA or totals
for attempted, passed or
Grades followed by an (*) are
excluded from GPA,
but the credits are counted
towards the summary of totals
for passed and completed credits
|Excluded from GPA|
|AUD||Auditor Status||Excluded from GPA|
Coursework in progress/
No Grade Reported
Current & Cumulative Statistics
(not computed at the graduate level)