Request Class Withdrawal
After the drop period has ended (typically after the second week of classes, consult the Academic Calendar for exact dates), you can request to withdraw (with a W) from eligible class(es) using the Class Withdrawal process in Albert.
- Requests will be automatically sent to your department/advisor for review.
- You may be required to meet with your advisor to discuss your class withdrawal request; your advisor and/or department will reach out to you if this is the case.
- Note that in all cases, withdrawal requests will not be processed unless approved by your advisor.
- Before changing your class schedule, always remember to talk with your advisor and review the refund schedule.
- This online process replaces the paper Drop/Add form.
- This process is not for dropping all of your classes. To drop all your classes in a term, use the Term Withdrawal form in Albert.
Guide on Request Class Withdrawal (Text Version)
1. Under your Enrolled Courses, click the Drop button
2. You will receive a message stating that for classes from which you can no longer drop, you can now request a class withdrawal, click OK
3. Click on the Request Class Withdrawal link
4. Select a class(es) by checking the box next to it. Note: you can not withdrawal from your last class for a term.
5. Select a Reason for Withdrawal
6. Click the Submit Request button
- Your request will be processed in 5-7 business days.