While you are at New York University you may wish to supplement your program or pursue a special interest by taking classes in other divisions.
Check with your advisor about your school's policy governing registration in another division.
As part of NYU's commitment to increase the opportunities for undergraduates, the Undergraduate Advisement website is available to help students obtain accessible, accurate, and consistent information on issues related to academic advisement, as well as individual and cross-school registration.
Schools and Contact Information
- College of Arts and Science
- Center for Urban Science and Progress
- College of Dentistry
- Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Graduate School of Arts and Science
- Liberal Studies
- Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- School of Global Public Health
- School of Professional Studies - Division of Degree Studies
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Silver School of Social Work
- Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Stern School of Business
- Tandon School of Engineering
- Tisch School of the Arts
- Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
CAS Advising Center
Silver Center, 100 Washington Square East, Room 905
- General Advisement - CAS Advising Center (212-998-8130)
- Unique Situations - Associate Dean William Long (212-998-8130)
370 Jay Street, 12th Floor Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Consult the CUSP website for course curriculum
421 First Avenue, Room 107A
- Dentistry courses are not listed in the Directory of Classes. For more information on procedures and class times, call the Office of Student Records and Registration.
- General Advisement (212-998-9818)
41 East 11th Street, 7th Floor
- Registration Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Student Services
1 Washington Place, 8th Floor (212-998-7378)
Admission to any course in GSAS requires departmental approval for all non-GSAS students. The department Director of Graduate Studies or Program Director must approve admission to graduate courses. Most departments require the permission of the instructor as well.
726 Broadway, 6th Floor
- General Advising: 212-992-6545
- See the LS & GLS Bulletin
Office of Academic Advising & Academic Services
433 1st Ave. Lower Level 1
Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies
- Teresa Gargiulo - email@example.com (212-998-7167)
245 Sullivan Street, Room 474
Law courses are not listed in the Directory of Classes. Graduate students may be permitted to enroll for law courses that have no prerequisites if they have permission of their Dean or Department Head, and from the course instructor and the Director of Academic Services. Permission to enroll is subject to space availability toward the end of the Law School's add/drop period. The maximum number of credits permitted by a non-law matriculated student is six. Non-law students can use the (Spring 2010) Request to Register form.
- Academic Services and Registration - firstname.lastname@example.org/212-998-6020
Office of the Associate Dean
Schwartz Lecture Hall, 530 First Avenue
Courses in the basic medical sciences are taught at the Medical Center and are offered by the Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences. The Institute is a component of the NYU Graduate School of Arts and Science. The courses are designed for Ph.D. and M.D. candidates. Information about pre-requisites and course availability is available from the Sackler Institute Office (212-340-5648).
Clinical courses are available only to enrolled medical students.
- General Advisement and Registration: Maureen Doran - email@example.com
1 Washington Square North, Room 304
- Undergraduate - Robert Hawkins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate - Manager of Registration Services (212-998-5960)
82 Washington Place, 2nd Floor
- General Advisement - Contact appropriate program office.
- View the NYU Steinhardt Program Directory for contact information.
- Registration Questions: NYU Steinhardt Registration Services (212-998-5054)
6 MetroTech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- General Advisement and Registration:
- Undergraduate - Office of Undergraduate Academics
- Graduate - Professor Jose Ulerio
If a course has prerequisites, students will need to obtain permission from the department that offers the course at the Polytechnic School of Engineering before attempting enrollment. Students should email the departmental adviser/administrator outlining all prerequisite coursework in order to obtain permission. If approved, students will be provided with a permission number for registration. Information about each department and contact information can be found via the departmental websites.
Tisch Academic Services
General Questions: 726 Broadway, 2nd Floor (212-998-1900)
295 Lafayette St., Room 2209
- Registration - Wagner Office of Academic Services email@example.com
Office of Academic Advising
40 W. 4th Street, Room 616 (212-998-4020)
Management Education Center
44 W. 4th Street, Room 6-100
Graduate business courses are not listed in the NYU Directory of Classes. Students may register for Stern graduate classes through their department/program advisors. They must meet all prerequisite requirements. Reservations will be accepted for after the Stern School's initial registration period has been completed. The maximum number of credits permitted by non-Stern graduate students is six.
For course schedules, course descriptions, and prerequisites refer to the Stern School website.
Graduate Office of Records and Registration - firstname.lastname@example.org (212-998-0660)