Room Scheduling Policies
- The Registrar's Office communicates with academic departments regarding scheduling deadlines for each term.
- Schedules that are submitted past the deadline or meeting on non-standard meeting patterns will receive the lowest priority when classrooms are assigned.
- Departments that submit both scheduling and classroom information accurately, on-time, and within the standard scheduling meeting patterns will receive a higher priority for scheduling times.
- Any class section with zero enrollment after the drop/add period is subject to having their Registrar-scheduled room assignment removed from the class section in Albert.
To Request a Registrar-scheduled classroom for an event/meeting:
- Submit a room event request through your departmental administrative assistant, who will contact Classroom Scheduling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include in your request:
- event title
- meeting date(s), day(s) and time(s)
- maximum room capacity required
- the name and phone number of the requester
- Hold requests until after the drop/add deadline, when class locations are finalized, and available space may be used for events.
- Expect an email response from Registrar staff within two business days of your request.
- Do not bring food or beverages into any classrooms.
- Leave all classrooms as you found them, and arrange for any additional necessary cleaning to ensure the room will be suitable for classes.
Classroom Media and Technology
- Registrar-scheduled classrooms are equipped with Audio Visual equipment and University WiFi.
- Campus Media can assist with AV/media requests, training, or general questions: email@example.com or (212) 998-2655
Note on Fees
- Although the Office of the Registrar does not charge fees for general purpose classroom usage, there may be fees to access classrooms on Saturdays or Sundays, when classrooms are typically locked.
- Classrooms with specialized purpose and/or equipment, such as the Cantor Film Center, may incur usage fees.