All students must apply for graduation. Make sure to apply by the deadline listed below to be considered as a candidate for graduation.
- Note that if you do not apply for graduation, you will not be able to attend the Commencement ceremony.
- Already applied? Check your application status on Albert on the Academics page under Graduation.
Fall 2020/January 2021 Graduation Deadlines
- Graduation application: July 6, 2020 through October 18, 2020
- Requirements Deadline: January 24, 2021
- Graduation Date (Conferral): January 25, 2021
May 2021 Graduation Deadlines
- Graduation application: November 2, 2020 through February 14, 2021
- Requirements Deadline: May 18, 2021
- Graduation Date (Conferral): May 19, 2021 (Subject to Change)
September 2021 Graduation Deadlines
- Graduation application: March 1, 2021 through June 13, 2021
- Requirements Deadline: September 26, 2021
- Graduation Date (Conferral): September 27, 2021
Graduation Deadlines Notes
*All requirements must be satisfied by this date. Schools and departments may set earlier deadlines for some items. It is the student's responsibility to apply for graduation via Albert within the application period. Dates above subject to change.
- The term in which you expect to graduate is an important part of your student record, especially if you receive any form of financial aid.
- Verify or update your expected date of graduation on Albert in the Academics section under Graduation.
- If you have already applied for graduation you will not be able to update your expected graduation term.
- Apply for graduation on Albert by the beginning of your final semester. It is the student's responsibility to apply for graduation within the specified graduation application period.
- Students may officially graduate in September, January or May. In order to graduate in a specific semester, you must apply for graduation within the application deadline period.
- If you do not successfully complete all academic requirements by the end of the semester, you must reapply for graduation for the following cycle. Please refer to the specific deadlines for the completion of requirements for each graduation.
* College of Dentistry, Stern School of Business (Graduate), School of Medicine, and School of Professional Studies (non-credit) students apply directly at their school.