Classroom Scheduling: Regular and Special Events
Classroom Scheduling Policies
Ahead of each term, you should pay attention to the scheduling deadlines laid out by the Registrar’s Office.
- Departments that submit scheduling requests accurately, on-time, and within the Standard Scheduling Meeting Patterns will have a higher priority for classroom assignments. Requests submitted past the deadline or outside the standard patterns will receive lowest priority.
- When a room has been assigned, the class section will be made active and will display in NYU Albert. Class sections without a room assignment will be listed as “tentative” and will not appear in the Class Search.
- Classes with Low or Zero Enrollment
- Ahead of a term’s start date, the Registrar may periodically send lists to schools alerting them about classes with assigned classrooms that have zero or low enrollment. Departments may review these alerts to determine if the class will still be offered.
- Class sections with zero enrollment following the add/drop period may have their Registrar-schedule room assignment removed from the class section in NYU Albert.
NYU is dedicated to supporting the accessibility needs of our faculty.
If you are a department administrator responsible for class schedule data-entry, you may flag a class with the “Faculty Accomodation” class characteristic in Albert.
By doing this, you will prompt the Office of the Registrar to contact your department to gather additional details about the type of classroom or accommodation that is necessary.
If you are an instructor, you may also contact the Registrar to privately explain the necessary accommodations by emailing us at email@example.com.
Requesting a Room for a Special Event or Meeting
If you would like to request a Registrar-scheduled classroom for an event or meeting, please hold your request until after the add/drop deadline so we can assess available spaces.
You should submit your room request through your departmental administrative assistant who can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We usually respond within two business days.
Your request should include:
- Event title
- Meeting date(s), day(s), and time(s)
- Maximum room capacity required
- The name and phone number of the requester
Please note: You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into any classrooms. You are responsible for leaving all classrooms as you found them and should arrange for any additional cleaning if necessary.
Classroom Media and Technology
All Registrar-scheduled classrooms come equipped with audio visual equipment and university WiFi.
Contact campus media at email@example.com or 212-998-2655 for assistance with AV/media requests, training, or general questions.
A Note About Fees
The Office of the Registrar does not charge fees for general purpose classrooms, though you may be charged a fee for Saturday or Sunday access or for classrooms with specialized purpose or equipment, such as the Cantor Film Center.