You can enter your preferred (chosen) name in Albert, or change it, at any time.
When you enter a preferred name in Albert it will sync overnight to other systems you log in with using your
NYU NetID, such as NYU Classes, ServiceLink, Google Apps and more.
· Your referred name will be the name printed on the NYU Card.
· New students: Before submitting your photo, check your Albert Student Center to ensure your preferred name matches what you want to appear on the NYU Card.
· If your preferred name is not displaying correctly in your NYU GMail: Click the settings gear in GMail (top right, gear icon), then "Accounts" tab. You will see "Send email as" - there will be an "edit info" link to the right. Click that and a popup will appear where you can edit how your name displays.
Step 1: From the Albert Home page, go to the Personal Information section.
2. Click on the pencil icon for Edit Preferred Name.
3. If you have not previously entered a Preferred Name, click Add a New Name. If you are updating, click Edit next to the name.
4. Select “Preferred” from the Name Type dropdown menu. First and Last Name are required, Middle Name and Suffix are optional. Click Save.