What is a NetID?
All NYU faculty, staff, and matriculated students enrolled in degree or diploma programs, are provided with an NYU NetID (Network IDentification). Your NetID is a combination of your initials and a few numbers, (e.g., aqe123). Once activated, your NetID provides access to authorized NYU online services and applications. Your NetID is also used to create your default NYU Email address (e.g., email@example.com).
Where can I find my NetID?
Students, Faculty, and Administrators
1) It is the first part of your NYU email.
2) On the back of your NYU ID card.
How can I activate my NetID?
What do I do if I don't know or I forgot my NetID?
Students and Alumni
Call the Albert Support Desk (212) 998-4838.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm Eastern, excluding holidays
- You will be asked a few questions to verify your identity before receiving your NetID over the phone.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and someone will get back to you within one business day.
- Full name (first and last), N number/University ID (if you know it), date of birth, and the permanent address, phone number, personal email address NYU would have on file for you.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
If you have previously registered a non-NYU email address in one of NYU's systems
Request a password reset link:
1. Go to the NYU Start Page (start.nyu.edu).
2. Click on Reset Password.
3. Enter your NetID
4. To reset your password, select Security Questions, Recovery Emaill, or Mobile App. (You may not see all of these options depending on what you have previously setup.)
5. Follow the steps for the option you selected. If you are unable to you must contact NYU IT, to have them manually reset your password. You will need to provide them with information to confirm your identity.
How can I change my password?
You can change your NetID password (also known as your NYUHome password) at any time, provided that you know your current password and it has not yet expired.
1. Go to the NYU Start Page (start.nyu.edu)
2. Login with your NetID and password.
3. Click on Change NetID Password.