All NYU faculty, staff, and matriculated students enrolled in degree or diploma programs, are provided with an NYU NetID (Network IDentification). Your NetID is a combination of your initials and a few numbers, (e.g., aqe123). Once activated, your NetID provides access to authorized NYU online services and applications. Your NetID is also used to create your default NYU Email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
1) It is the first part of your NYU email.
2) On the back of your NYU ID card.
Call the Albert Support Desk (212) 998-4838.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm Eastern, excluding holidays
- You will be asked a few questions to verify your identity before receiving your NetID over the phone.
Email email@example.com with the following information and someone will get back to you within one business day.
- Full name (first and last), N number/University ID (if you know it), date of birth, and the permanent address, phone number, personal email address NYU would have on file for you.
Request a password reset link:
1. Go to the NYU Start Page (start.nyu.edu).
2. Enter your NYU NetID, then click the Start! button.
3. On the next screen, click the Forgot Your Password? link on the right side of the screen.
4. Enter your previously registered non-NYU email address when prompted. If NYU can verify the address, we will send a one-time password reset link and self-service instructions to that email account. (Note that the email may take several minutes to arrive)
5. If the email address cannot be verified or you do not receive the email, you must contact NYU IT, to have them manually reset your password. You will need to provide them with information to confirm your identity.
Contact NYU IT, to have them manually reset your password. You will need to provide them with information to confirm your identity.