Online Programming, Services, and Opportunities
NYU's Division of Student Affairs and our campus partners are committed to providing students with online support services, programs, events, and resources to complement the transition to remote learning.
To view a robust calendar of virtual events, please visit NYU Engage, NYU’s online community that connects students to clubs, organizations, and virtual and in-person events.
To stay up to date on all of our online oppportunities, we encourage you to sign up for newsletters and connect on social media.
Featured Programming & Engagement
- Join us for the 9th-annual NYU Entrepreneurs Festival — on Friday, Oct 23, via Zoom — where over 1,000 members of the NYU startup community come together to connect, collaborate, and celebrate entrepreneurs across the University. Grow your startup knowledge and make lasting connections!
- Virtual Engagement Opportunities from the Center for Student Life: community events to connect with other students.
- My NYU Story: Learning from the Past, Planning for the Future: Wisdom from NYU Alumni
- Looking for a way to blow off steam? Look no further: NYU's Department of Athletics, Intramurals and Recration is offering more than 100 free fitness classes in October for beginners, seasoned-athletes, and everyone in between!
- Virtual Volunteering Opportunities
- NYC COVID-19 Relief
- All NYU students have access to LinkedIn Learning: an online educational platform that helps you discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills through expert-led course videos. With 9,000+ courses, 160,000+ training videos, and personalized recommendations, you can discover, complete, and track courses related to your field and interests. Topics include Photoshop, Python, improving creativity, personal finances, Data Science, Excel, AI, Machine Learning, leadership skills (and much more!) and offers introductory, intermediate, and expert courses running from 10 minutes to 3 hours.
- Becoming Your Desired Self: Designing Habits to Build the Life You Want: Check out the archived videos, workbook, and community notes from the 12-day series
- Resources for the NYU Creative Community
- Meditation Classes
- Yoga Classes
Career Development, Mentorship & Entrepreneurship
- To access all of Wasserman's Center for Career Development online resources, services, and programs, including the following, make sure your profile is complete on Handshake and visit our blog often.
- Pre-scheduled virtual career coaching appointments
- Virtual same-day express appointments for undergraduate students and alumni
- Virtual group coaching for graduate students and postdocs
- 10-15 virtual events per week
- All in a Day’s Work podcast features members of the NYU community, doing interesting work, and navigating the professional world. Listen now on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Anchor!
- Digital presentations and workshops
- Pre-scheduled virtual career coaching appointments
- Virtual Career Week (September 18-25): Join us for an exciting week of virtual industry expos, recruitment events, career education workshops, and networking opportunities to engage with employers all from your computer! Register for all Virtual Career Week events on Handshake under “Events” and searching “Virtual Career Week.”
- Access 50+ digital career guides to help explore careers, prepare to apply, and learn to interview
- Virtual interviewing practice platform
- Virtual resume review software for undergraduates
- Professional career preparation for PhDs
- Find a Job or Internship
- Job Search Strategy for Graduate Students
- Entrepreneurial Institute Startup Coaching & Mentorship
- Up-to-date industry insights, featuring companies that have opportunities available right now, direct from employers
- VioletNetwork: NYU’s official online community that facilitates knowledge sharing, networking, and mentorship among NYU students and alumni. Join now to meet alumni, ask questions and seek guidance, and find paths to professional aspirations.
Health, Wellness & Accessibility Services
- Current list of services.
- Schedule a Virtual Care appointment or call (212) 443-1000 for urgent medical needs.
Mental Health Services
- Call the Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline at (212) 443-9999, chat via the app anytime (iPhone or Android), make a virtual appointment, or "stop by" during our virtual drop-in hours.
- Wellness Workshops (offered via Zoom)
- Group Counseling (offered via Zoom)
Moses Center for Student Accessibility
- The Moses Center is NOT administering in person exams through the remainder of the semester. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for consultation.
- Information for Remote Accommodations
- Remote drop in meetings with an Accessibility Specialist are available Monday through Friday from 1-3pm ET. To request a remote meeting, please email email@example.com and an Accessibility Specialist will reach out to you with a Zoom link.
Leadership & Awards
The Leadership Initiative team remains committed to supporting your leadership development, and immersive programs, events, and Global Awards advising will continue remotely using NYU Zoom, unless otherwise specified.
"On Demand" Programming
- NYU Engage: Club Life at NYU
- NYU Stream (audio and video)
- Linkedin Learning
- WNYU Radio
- NYU eBooks
- NYU Alumni Podcasts
- Andrew Hamilton Conversations Podcasts
- 2019 Faculty Summer Podcasts
- NYU Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives and Resources
- Virtual NYC
- NYU Grey Art Gallery
- Tisch Film and TV Student Gallery
- Free Online Games
- Virtual Volunteering
- NYU Production Lab
- Student Affairs Virtual Resources
- Student Success Resources
- NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts BookClub
- NYU Entreprenuership
- Free NY Classes
- NYU Events Calendar
Religious & Spiritual Life
NYU's Global Spiritual Life is committed to furthering students’ ability to find their spiritual home at NYU. Global Spiritual Life continues to support students through virtual offerings that cultivate belonging in order to reclaim the value of love in education and action.
Residential Life & Housing Services
As students are now settled into their residences, a number of outreach programs are in process to connect students with staff, faculty members, Resident Assistants, and one another within their respective halls. Students can expect the following:
- First floor/cluster meetings were hosted by RAs over the first weeks to connect with students in their community. These included time to discuss behavior expectations and icebreakers so the students will be able to start getting to know each other.
- RAs are hosting weekly remote engagement program for the first six weeks.
- RAs are connecting with students through a one-on-one conversation over the next five weeks. Information from these conversations will guide other programming and engagement plans.
- Virtual programs and events are also implemented that any student can join on a variety of topics, please check out your hall's newsletter for updates on these and RA events coming up in the near future.
- You can also be in touch with your building leadership team!
In addition to RA outreach and programming, students can expect to hear about opportunities to participate and join Hall Councils. This will include a two week officer recruitment period, followed by hall elections. Elections will be followed by a leadership retreat and then move into regular meeting and program planning.
- Each week residential students automatically receive their residence hall's "Tuesday Newsday," which is full of useful information, helpful contacts, as well as upcoming events and involvement opportunities. Your floor Resident Assistant will also be in frequent touch regarding floor happenings, engagement opportunities, one-on-one conversations, and programs.
- Connect with the Inter-Residence Hall Council to learn more about opportunities with hall councils, in-hall and campus events, leadership training, advocacy and service initiatives.
- Connect with the National Residence Hall Honorary, consider applying for membership, and nominating a deserving individual or group for an Of The Month Award.
- Enjoy some of NYU’s best talent from UltraViolet Live! Log into NYU Stream for full versions of 2019, 2018, 2017, 2015, and 2014 —as well as a special All Stars clip!
Self Care: Staying Active & Mindful
With difficult news on COVID-19 now part of our daily experience, and our vast NYU community now limited to screen-only connections, it's more important than ever that we continue to engage, together, with the tools that have always helped us navigate uncertain times.
Free Fitness Classes
Looking for a way to blow off steam? Look no further: NYU's Department of Athletics, Intramurals and Recration is offering more than 100 free fitness classes in October for beginners, seasoned-athletes, and everyone in between! Open to all NYU community members.
Free Meditation & Yoga Classes
MindfulNYU is the award-winning meditation, mindfulness, and contemplative life initiative that promotes wisdom, compassion, and well-being on campus — and beyond.
More From MindfulNYU
- D.I.Y. Mindfulness Resources and Media
- MindfulNYU Events, Trainings & Programs
- Mindfulness Student Groups
Strength & Nutrition
Social Justice & Diversity
Explore a variety of programs, services, and centers on campus that foster our uniquely diverse and engaged community.
- Anti-Racism Education, Programs, and Resources
- NYU’s Office of Global Inclusion, Diversity, and Strategic Innovation is dedicated to developing and implementing strategies that advance inclusion, diversity, belonging, equity, and innovation efforts across the entire NYU community.
- NYU's Center for Multicultural Education and Programs hosts diversity education and training, as well as cultural and social justice events throughout the year.
- NYU's LGBTQ+ Center offers support, hosts programs, and nurtures a tightly-knit community for students to thrive in an inclusive and supportive campus.
Student Communities & Organizations
Each year, there are more than 300 active student clubs on campus open to all students — from the Cheese Club to the Superhero Club — in addition to school-based clubs (exclusive to NYU schools or academic programs), identity-based student groups, and athletics teams and activities.
- Find a student club or organization on NYU Engage
- Class Activities Board
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- International Student Center
- Military & Veteran Students
- Transfer Students
- Commuter Students
- Graduate Student Life
- Student Government Assembly (SGA)
Identity-Based Student Groups & Networking
- Cultural and Identity-Based Groups and Organizations
- Religious and Faith-Based Groups and Organizations
- LGBTQ+ Student Groups and Organizations
- Multicultural Fraternities and Sororities
- Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, and Equity-focused (IDBE) events
Athletics, Intramurals & Recreation
NYU sustainability is a team effort. Here's how you can do your part!
- Kick the single-use habit, and drink from a reusable water bottle. NYU ceased spending on pre-packaged water, eliminating over 330,000 disposable bottles from our waste stream.
- Get around by walking, biking, or taking public transit. NYU is making it easier for community members to bike to campus by increasing bike parking around Washington Square and downtown Brooklyn. Explore biking resources and discount programs to get around New York City in a convenient, healthy, and sustainable way.
- Turn off the lights and shut down electronics when they are not in use. Learn about the ways NYU is taking steps to reduce tech equipment, purchase energy efficient hardware, and ease behavioral changes related to energy consumption. Eat more plant-based foods. NYU has vegetarian and vegan options at all currently operating dining locations.
Get involved through a program or group:
As the University continues to move opportunities online, we encourage you to sign up to receive emails and to follow channels of interest to you and to connect with us on social media.
Emails, Newsletters & Listservs
- Global Service's Immigration Spotlight newsletter
- Global Service's Happening Around NYU newsletter
- Global Spiritual Life newsletter
- Global Spiritual Life: The Bronfman Center's newsletter
- Leadership Initiative newsletter
- Leslie eLab Insider newsletter
- LGBTQ+ Center's OutPost newsletter
- MindfulNYU newsletter
- Office of Sustainability mailing list
- Center for Multicultural Education and Programs newsletter
- NYU Production Lab mailing list
- Center for Student Life newsletter
- NYU Service Newsletter
- Athletics, Intramurals, and Recreation (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Entrepreneurial Institute (Blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Office of Global Inclusion (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Office of Global Services (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Global Spiritual Life (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Leadership Initiative (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- LGBTQ+ Center (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- MindfulNYU (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- The Bronfman Center (Facebook, Instagram, Blog)
- Center for Multicultural Education and Programs (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- NYU Production Lab (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo)
- Office of Residential Life & Housing Services (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Sustainability (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Sustainablog)
- Center for Student Life (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Wasserman Center for Career Development (Blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)