NYU Votes: NYC Elections
This November, NYC residents will vote on a new mayor, comptroller, public advocate, several borough presidents, over two-thirds of city council members, and more. Below is a variety of important information and resources—including an overview of ranked choice voting, which will be used in all special and primary elections this year.
- Register to Vote in the NYC Primary Election Deadline: May 28, 2021
- Early voting begins: June 12, 2021
- Absentee Ballot Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
- Primary Election: June 22, 2021
- NYC General Election: November 2, 2021
Ranked choice voting allows voters to choose up to 5 preferred candidates, in order, for each election. You may choose fewer than 5, but be sure to put your favorite first.
Learn more and practice your ranked voting technique at Rank the Vote NYC.
Visit www.vote.nyc to:
- Find your district's ballot and locate your poll site.
- Receive NYC Board of Election updates.
- Volunteer to become a poll worker.
- Learn what each NYC elected role entails.
- Meet the candidates in the 2021 NYC mayoral race.
- Discover which mayoral candidate best aligns with your view on city issues.
Want to Be Involved?
Fill out this form to receive the NYU Votes digital toolkit (for social media, emails, etc), to become an NYU Votes Ambassador, or to have NYU Votes present at your school gathering.
Don't see your event listed?
Be sure to tag your event in the NYU Events Calendar with the tag "nyu-votes" to be included in our feed of NYU Votes events.