Voting is an extremely important civic duty as a U.S. citizen, and whether you choose to do so in New York or in your home state, NYU Votes aims to ensure that all eligible voters in the NYU community are able to cast their vote either in-person or by mail. We also encourage all NYUers to become involved with the process, through volunteering, advocacy work, and other engagement opportunities.
- State primaries and caususes begin: January 15, 2024
- New York State Presidential Preference Primary: April 2, 2024
- New York State Primary: June 25, 2024
- National Voter Registration Day: September 17, 2024
- Registration deadlines for all 50 states.
- Absentee Ballot deadlines for all 50 states.
- Find your polling site locations and hours.
- Review the issues and candidates for the races in your state or district.
- Election Day: Tuesday, November 5, 2024
Registering now ensures you can vote on Election Day—Tuesday, November 5, 2024. Please take action now to register to vote—and then vote!
Voter registration deadlines vary by state—but generally range from early to late October, so register ASAP. Find out your state's deadline at vote.org/voter-registration-deadlines.
You can vote in-person or request an absentee ballot to vote by mail.
For in-person voting, polling places are located throughout New York City. You can ONLY vote at your designated polling place, so make sure you are at the correct polling site and Election District/Assembly District (ED/AD) for your address. Find your polling location or call the Voter Phone Bank at 1.866.VOTE.NYC for more details.
Absentee voting (a.k.a "mail-in voting" and "by-mail voting") is conducted by mail-in paper ballot prior to the day of an election. If you can't or don't want to vote in-person, learn how you can request an absentee ballot.
How to Vote By Absentee Ballot:
Want to Be Involved?
Fill out this form to receive the NYU Votes digital toolkit (for social media, emails, etc), to become an NYU Votes Ambassador, or to have NYU Votes present at your school gathering.
Don't see your event listed?
Be sure to tag your event in the NYU Events Calendar with the tag "nyu-votes" to be included in our feed of NYU Votes events.