About Weinstein Hall
Weinstein is a dynamic and diverse community consisting of almost 600 first year residents and a wonderful staff of two full-time live-in professional staff members (Residence Hall Director and Residence Hall Assistant Director), a full-time Residence Hall Resource Manager, a Faculty Fellow-in-Residence (FFIR), and 15 Resident Assistants (RAs).
Our 2East Lounge (located on the second floor on the East Tower) has a big screen TV, foosball, ping pong, and pool tables and is used as both a study lounge and a space for the RAs to hold events and activities. In the sub-cellar there are music practice rooms with pianos, a laundry room, and three classrooms, which can also double as study lounges. We have many dining options: Passport Dining @ Weinstein Dining Hall (aka "Downstein"), the Food Court (aka "Upstein"), the Kosher cafeteria, and Sidestein Market. Our hall also features a very active hall government called the Weinstein Hall Advisory Team, or better known as W.H.A.T., that advocates for fellow residents and also plans great events throughout the year.
- Five minute walk to classes.
- Subway Access:
- Four blocks from West 4th Street subway station for A, C, E, F trains.
- Two blocks from the 8th St. & Broadway station for the N & R trains.
- Three blocks from the Astor Place station for the 6 train.
- The closest dining halls are all located within the building, Weinstein Food Court (Upstein), Weinstein Dining Hall (Downstein), Sidestein Market, and Kosher Eatery.
Residence Hall Professional Staff
Residence Hall Director
Faculty Fellow in Residence
College of Arts and Science