About Second Street
Second Street is a dynamic community located in the unique and vibrant East Village, close to the Lower East Side, SoHo, Chinatown, and Little Italy. This residence hall is home to approximately 300 residents, eight Resident Assistants, three professional staff members and a Faculty Fellow-in-Residence. The student population is composed of undergraduates varying from sophomores, juniors, seniors, transfer, and international students. We also have our vibrant hall council, called Student with Initiative in Second Street (SWISS), that helps residents make their mark on Second Street. The building has 12 floors with studio singles, doubles, duplex triples, as well as low-cost options. The building is air-conditioned and each room has its own kitchenette (with a mini-fridge, small four-burner stove, and small oven) and bathroom. Our facilities include a large communal lounge with a game room, TV, pool table, and ping-pong table. In addition, we have one music practice room, a dance room, a bike room, and a study room with a computer lab.
- 10-15 minute walk to Washington Square.
- Subway Access:
- Four blocks to Bleecker Street station or six blocks to Astor Place station, 6 train.
- Seven blocks to 8th St. and Broadway station, N, R trains.
- 13 blocks to Union Square Station, N, R, Q, 4, 5, 6, L trains.
- Closest dining halls are the Kimmel Center Market Place or Third North Courtyard Cafe.
Residence Hall Professional Staff
Faculty Fellow in Residence
College of Arts and Science