About Second Street
Second Street is a dynamic community located in the unique and vibrant East Village, close to the LES, Soho, Chinatown, and Little Italy. This residence hall is home to approximately 300 residents, eight Resident Assistants, 3 professional staff members and a Faculty Fellow-in-Residence. Second Street is home to two explorations communities, the Chinese Culture Floor and Writers' Room. The student population is comprised of undergraduates varying from sophomores, juniors, seniors, transfer, and international students. Second Street has 12 floors with studio singles, doubles and duplex triples. The building is air-conditioned and each room has its own kitchenette and bathroom. Our facilities include a large communal lounge and a game room with a TV and pool table. In addition, we have two music practice rooms, a dance room, an art room, a bike room and study room with a computer lab. Check out our blog to learn more about Second Street!
- 10-15 minute walk to Washington Square.
- Subway Access:
- Four blocks to Bleecker Street station or six blocks to Astor Place station, 6 train.
- Seven blocks to 8th St. and Broadway station, N, R trains.
- 13 blocks to Union Square Station, N, R, Q, 4, 5, 6, L trains.
- Closest dining halls are the Kimmel Center Market Place or Third North Courtyard Cafe.
Residence Hall Professional Staff
Faculty Fellow in Residence
College of Arts and Science