About Greenwich Hall
Greenwich Residence Hall is situated in the attractive West Village area close to the Hudson River and Park. This welcoming and inclusive community houses approximately 320 residents, has seven Resident Assistants, two Faculty Fellows-in-Residence, and is home to the "NYC in the 60's" Explorations Floor. The community is enriched by an eclectic mix of residents with varied backgrounds, academic programs, ideas and interests. The student population is comprised primarily of returning undergraduate sophomores, transfer and international students, though some undergraduate juniors and seniors also choose to live in Greenwich Hall. The building is an air-conditioned apartment-style residence hall with bath, kitchen, and dining area in each unit. Among our facilities we have a newly renovated lower lounge with a study room, practice rooms, dance room, pool table, and television. This hall also features an active hall government which advocates for residents while planning great events throughout the year. Residents are encouraged to get involved in the Greenwich community, whether running for a position on hall government, being a floor representative, or attending one of the many programs.
- 15 minute walk to Washington Square.
- MTA Access:
- One block from the Christopher Street PATH station.
- Five blocks to Christopher Street Station, 1, 2, & 3 trains.
- Five blocks to West 4th Station, A, C, E, B, D, F, & M trains.
- The closest free NYU Shuttle is Route G, which stops in front of the residence hall. For more info, please see Bus Routes and Schedules.
- The closest Dining Hall is at Lipton Hall, 33 Washington Square West.
Residence Hall Professional Staff
Faculty Fellow in Residence