Fall 2017 Check out
January Term 2018 Check in and Check out
Spring 2018 Check inResidents with confirmed Spring 2018 housing assignments are able to check in beginning at 10:00am on Sunday, January 21, 2018. Earlier check in is not possible, as January Term check out is at Noon on Saturday, January 20th. Check in details will be included in Spring 2018 housing assignment notices.
Spring 2018 Check out
- If you are not registered for summer housing and do not have final exams, you must check out by 12:00pm on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
- If you are not registered for summer housing, and are not graduating, you must check out within 24 hours following your last exam, but no later than 12:00pm on Wednesday, May 16th, whichever comes first.
- If you are graduating and not participating in commencement ceremonies, you must check out by Noon on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
- If you are graduating and will be participating in commencement ceremonies, you must check out by Noon on the day following your commencement ceremony.
- Spring residents with summer housing assignments beginning on Sunday, May 20, 2018 may remain in housing pending the start of the summer term. If your summer assignment differs from your spring assignment, you must be available and prepared to transition into your summer assignment between May 16th and May 20th, once your space is ready. All transitions must be completed within 24 hours of notification, or by 5:00pm on Sunday, May 20th, whichever comes first.
- Check out preparation: Prior to check out, please remove everything from the walls, pack and remove your belongings, clean the bedroom and common areas, empty trash, and place the furniture in order. Trash bags, vacuums, and brooms are available at most Residence Hall Resource Centers. Completing this step will help you avoid additional cleaning charges.
- Avoid damage billing or additional charges: All personal belongings and trash MUST be removed from your room before you check out. Residents will be billed if any trash or abandoned debris is found in a room/suite upon check out. Please report any necessary repairs before check out.
- Storage is not available on campus: Any items not removed after check out will be discarded and residents will be billed accordingly. If necessary, ship items home or secure off-campus storage before the end of the semester.
- Checking out: All residents must complete the mandatory check out registration by Noon on Tuesday, April 24th. When you are ready to leave the building, contact the Resource Center. A member of the Residence Hall Staff will inspect your living space to insure that all personal items and trash have been removed. Once approved, please return all keys, sign your registration card, and complete a mail forwarding address card at the Resource Center. (First class mail will be forwarded for 90 days. To have any magazines forwarded, please contact the publisher directly to change your address, as the USPS will not forward them.) PLEASE NOTE: Most Resource Centers are open from 10am to 10pm, but hours may differ in some halls.
- Express Check out: If you need to check out at a time when the Resource Center is closed, contact the Residence Hall Resource Manager to find out details about our After Hours/Express Check out option.
Fall 2018 Check In Information
- Most Fall 2018 residents will be able to check in beginning at 9:00am on Sunday, August 26, 2018. Specific instructions and check in times will be provided with housing assignment details.
- Earlier check in is not possible as the University completes repairs and maintenance between the end of the summer program and the beginning of the fall term.
- Residents should check in directly at their residence hall resource center (front desk area) upon arrival to collect keys and sign the housing registration card. More details will be provided in Fall 2018 housing assignment notices, which are emailed to new fall residents in in July and August.
- NOTE: Check in for students assigned to temporary housing at the Stewart Hotel will begin on Monday, September 3, 2018. Details will be provided in students' assignment notices.