Located in the heart of East Village, Alumni Hall has approximately 450 upperclass and graduate residents. We share our programs and staff with our East Village neighbors in the Green House at 7th Street. Together these two buildings make up the 7A Partnership.
Alumni consists of 100% single bedrooms - every resident has a bedroom to themselves and shares a suite with 1-3 other suitemates. Bedrooms have a bed, desk, closet, and dresser. Common areas include a table with 2 chairs, fridge, stove, sink, and cabinets. Alumni has two recently renovated lounges: a TV lounge with a pool table, and a study lounge with plenty of space. There are also smaller study lounges on floors 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 14, and 15. Laundry is in the basement.
There are plenty of activities to get involved with at Alumni. The 7A Partnership Hall Council is a great opportunity that allows you to become a leader in the community, by either running for elected office or serving as a floor representative.
The 14 RAs and hall council plans a variety of programs for the buildings and it is an excellent way for residents to get to know one another. Also, there are programs planned by the Faculty Fellows in Residence. These events range from Broadway shows, food tastings, to discussions with distinguished alumni.
- 10-15 minute walk from Washington Square
- Subway access:
- Two blocks from Astor Place station, 6 train.
- Three blocks from 8th St. and Broadway station, N, R, trains
- Eight blocks to Union Square station, N, R, Q, 4, 5, 6, L trains.
- The closest free NYU Shuttle is Route C, which stops on 13th St and Third Ave. For more info, please see Bus Routes and Schedules
- Closest dining hall is on 12th St. and Third Ave, Third North Courtyard Cafe.
Residence Hall Professional Staff & Faculty
Faculty Fellow in Residence
Tisch School of the Arts