Rates & Payments
Academic Year Housing Rates
Housing rates are reviewed periodically and are subject to annual increases.
*Rates are considered "proposed" until officially approved at the Board of Trustees meeting in June.
Making Housing Reservation Payments
Students must submit a $1000 non-refundable/non-transferable housing reservation payment to secure housing. All payments (tuition, housing, fees), including housing reservation payments, are made directly to the Bursar. In order for your payment to properly post to the correct academic term, please follow these instrucitons for submitting academic year housing reservation payments:
- Log into http://albert.nyu.edu/
- Click on the "Housing" tab at the top of the home page
- Click on "NYU Housing Payments" beneath the header "Housing Links"
- Click to continue to the NYU Office of the Bursar eSuite
- Once in the eSuite, click on the "Deposits" tab. Please note, you will not see a pre-existing charge for the deposit. You should NOT select "Make a Payment".
- Select the correct academic term in the drop-down menu. (If you are applying for a housing reservation that begins in the Fall term, be sure to select the "Fall term" and not the "Spring term", etc.)
- When promted to "Select a Deposit, please select the "Reservation" option.
If you prefer to submit the reservation payment by mail, please use the reservation fee payment coupon and mailing instructions. Students will not receive a bill for the housing reservation fee. It is the responsibility of the student to submit the housing reservation payment and housing application by the published deadline in order to complete the application process.
Prior to the start of each academic term, students receive a billing notification from the Bursar's Office for all charges that have been posted to their student account. Students who have not yet been assigned to a specific housing assignment at the time of billing will see an estimated housing charge on their account. The actual housing charge will be reflected on the student's account when the final assignment is completed. Charges may be higher or lower depending on the assignment made.
Any assignment change that occurs during the academic or summer terms is prorated on a weekly basis. If a change in your assignment generates a credit or debit, that change will be reflected on your Bursar account For payment and/or refund procedures, refer to the Bursar website: www.nyu.edu/bursar.
Students who request room/building changes should be aware of rate differences and meal plan requirements when making requests to avoid unexpected charges.