January Term housing is offered from January 1 to January 20, 2018, and is available for those taking classes at New York University over the January Term session.
NYU offers students registered for January Term classes at Washington Square the opportunity to live on-campus in conveniently located residence halls. Please note that housing is very limited this January Term and we will only be able to house NYU students. Visiting students should be prepared to live off-campus.
Accommodations are single or shared bedrooms (with current NYU students), in multi-bedroom traditional or apartment-style suites with bathrooms. Please note that there are a very limited number of single rooms in apartment style halls. Apartment-style suites have kitchens; traditional hall suites do not. All bedrooms are furnished with a bed, desk, and dresser for each resident. Linens and bedding are not provided.
January Term Housing dates are based on the 3-week period that classes are in session:
- Check-in: Monday, January 1, 2018 (check-in begins at 12 Noon)
- Check-out: Saturday, January 20, 2018 (check-out no later than 12 Noon), unless notified by a group coordinator about an earlier check-out deadline
Rates are based on a 3-week stay and cannot be pro-rated:
- $972 for a shared bedroom in a multi-bedroom suite in a traditional hall (without kitchen). Single rooms are not available.
- $1,047 for a shared bedroom in a multi-bedroom suite in an apartment-style hall (with kitchen).
- $1,323 for a single occupancy bedroom in a multi-bedroom suite in an apartment-style hall (with kitchen). Extremely limited.
* Please note that NYU Campus Transportation is not available during January Term at the Washington Square campus. All residence halls are accessible to the Washington Square campus via New York City public transportation.
How to Apply for January Term Housing:
The January Term housing application will be available October 16, 2017. The deadline to apply for January Term housing is December 1, 2017.
If you are an NYU Student with a Fall 2017 & Spring 2018 NYU Housing License in NYC:
You may remain in your existing residence hall assignment during January Term at no additional charge, and do not need to complete an application.
All other NYU students enrolled for January Term classes:
Complete the January Term Housing application through NYU Home (click on the NYU Life tab, then on the "Housing & Meal Plan Forms" button). You will be charged for 3 weeks in January Term housing (see rates above).
Please note that residents who only have a Fall 2017 NYU Housing license in NYC may be required to relocate from their Fall 2017 housing assignment to another room for January Term.
Meal plans will not be available during January Term. However, some dining facilities may be open on a limited basis during the month of January. Please review the university's Dining Services page for additional information.
Requests to cancel your January Term Housing reservation should be emailed to email@example.com.
Cancellations received by December 22, 2017 will be processed without fee/penalty. There will be a $250 cancellation fee for reservations canceled after December 22, 2017.