To assist students with finding non-NYU housing, the Center for Student Life works with a third party vendor, The Housing Registry, to aid in your housing and roommate search. The Housing Registry search features are only available to the NYU community through the use of their NYU email. This database contains apartments and rooms for rent, as well as a roommate registry. Brokers and non-members of the University Community are invited to post a listing on the Housing Registry as long as the guidelines are followed.
Begin by clicking on the image below:
- NYU Email: Your NYU Email will gain you access to all search features. Your password does not need to be your NYU Password. The first time you enter the site, you will be sent an access code that will need to be entered in order to enter the site. If the code doesn’t come to your email, please be sure to hit “resend” to get your access code resent to you.
- Be Aware: Although our third party vendor monitors the registry, this does not mean the site is safeguarded from all possible issues including false posts and difficult people.
- Tips and Terms: Please be sure to utilize our "Tips and Terms" page for explanations of various terms you may encounter during your search, as well as other important information about the search process.
- Help, Comments, Questions: Use the "Help" menu option. The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) should answer most of your concerns. If you don't find the answer you are looking for please use the Help Desk to contact us. How are we doing? Do you think there is something we can improve? We'd love to hear from you. Please leave us your comments and suggestions on the Help Desk.
- NOTE: ALL new and modified listings may be audited for compliance with the Fair Housing Act and these guidelines.
- Only one unit or room per ad please.
- Listings are not reusable. "Bait and Switch" is illegal and prohibited in this system.
- You must remove your ad as soon as your unit or room is rented.
- The exact and complete street address is required including unit number, if applicable.
- Non-refundable fees must be clearly stated including type, amount, and if they are 'total' or 'per person'.
- No URL's or references to other websites or other schools are allowed.
- No advertising of any kind can be placed on the ads.
- Descriptions in ALL CAPITALS or with Every Word Capitalized will be removed.
- Each listing is reviewed prior to posting. Any listings that do not follow the guidelines above will not be posted.
- Should we receive complaints about your listings, your listings privileges may be denied. If you would like to rent a room in your apartment, we define that as a SHARE in the database - please list it as such, not as an "Apartment".