Prepare for the Job Search
Learn how Wasserman is adapting its services to ensure support for students during remote instruction.
Career coaches at the Wasserman Center provide professional, individualized career guidance and support throughout the career exploration process. We can help you identify career interests, explore professional goals, and discuss job search strategies in your specific area of interest. Assessment tools and interest inventories are also available to students who need additional guidance in identifying appropriate career options. An appointment with a career coach can help you:
- Identify and explore career interests
- Effectively search for internships and jobs in your field
- Edit your resume and cover letter
- Polish your interviewing skills
- Create a job search strategy
- Learn about your interests, preferences, and work style with the assistance of an assessment tool (Strong Interest Inventory or Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
To schedule a 30-minute appointment with a career coach, log in to Handshake. Under "Career Center" on the upper tool bar, select Appointments.
Combining practical information with active participation, seminars give students a comprehensive understanding of career planning and job hunting. Seminars are conducted on topics such as:
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interviewing skills
- Job search and networking techniques
Seminars are held regularly throughout the year. Visit Handshake > Events > Upcoming Events for upcoming seminars.