NYU Wasserman Digital Resources and Services
At NYU Wasserman, we adapted our opportunities to provide digital and specialized support for our students and alumni to manage their careers during the Covid-19 economic downturn. To access all of our resources, services, and programs, make sure your profile is complete on Handshake and visit our blog often.
There is no doubt that the economic effects of COVID-19 make the job search more challenging. We are in daily contact with employers, and many are focused on moving their employees to remote work and supporting them before hiring new staff. Still, they are eager to stay engaged with you as well. We are working with employers to ensure weekly opportunities for you to connect with them. Companies are hosting digital information sessions, skill-building webinars and virtual career fairs.
- Our blog will share up-to-date industry insights and feature companies that have opportunities available right now, direct from employers.
Digital Connections with NYU Alumni
To increase opportunities for you to build your network, the Violet Network, NYU’s new online community supporting professional connections within our global network of students and alumni, has rolled out to alumni in late April and graduating students in early May. We are exploring moving our full launch to all students from fall to summer.
Internship and Job Search
Remember, even during an economic decline, people still get hired. NYU students and alumni are among the most competitive candidates because of the depth of their experience, the diversity of their networks, and the strength of their job ready skills. That will remain true even as hiring slows, so it is critical to focus on your development in those three areas - experience, networks, and skills - and that you do not pause your job search. Those who are both patient and persistent will be most successful during the decline and when the economy turns around.
Wasserman is here to help! Please find information and links to resources and services below.
Services & Resources
The NYU Wasserman Center expanded our digital opportunities to ensure you have the support you need to do just that:
Speak with a coach & attend digital programs- Schedule both through Handshake.
- 30-minute virtual career coaching appointments
- Virtual Drop-ins for undergraduate students and alumni
- Virtual group coaching for graduate students and postdocs
- An average of 10-15 virtual events per week
- Digital presentations and workshops for departments, classes, and clubs
Digital career resources - You can access over 50 digital career guides on Handshake to help you explore careers and prepare to apply and interview for those careers. You will also find:
- Big Interview (virtual interviewing practice platform)
- VMock (for undergraduates - virtual resume review software)
- Versatile PhD (for graduate students - professional career preparation for PhDs)
- Resource guides on applying to graduate school, virtual networking and more
New job search resources addressing the current economic climate.
- Job Search Strategy for Seniors and Job Search Strategy for Graduate Students
- Our Blog is continually updated with links to external articles and resources on job & internship searching in the time of Coronavirus
- Your Career and Covid-19: A weekly series addressing topics to keep your career on track - conducted through Zoom on Fridays running through July 31, this series will cover timely topics like virtual networking and interviewing, job search for international students, planning for summer, and finding growth industry opportunities
- Wednesdays with Wasserman - conducted through Instagram Live bi-weekly through August, this series will offer an informal opportunity to connect live with Wasserman coaches and other students and alumni