Global Career Resources
Whether you are interested in working or interning abroad, or an international student studying in the U.S, the Wasserman Center can guide you to relevant resources and opportunities for your job search and career development.
Looking to Studying Away?
Why limit your experience away to taking classes? Our Global Sites have a healthy mix of internships and other experiential learning opportunities you can use to learn more about the world of work beyond New York. Check the Study Away Internships page for application deadlines and other key information.
NYU's global network comprises of:
- Degree-granting campuses in New York, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai
- Academic centers in 12 world-class cities
- Exchange programs with 16 partner institutions
- Locations on six continents
- Over 17,000 international students enrolled on the Washington Square campus.
Students enrolled in the global network university experience an individualized academic journey guided by top scholars, artists, and professionals.
Study Away and Your Career
Time spent in another culture provides students with an opportunity to develop a skill set and understanding that will set you apart from your peers. Employers interpret a global experience to mean that you have acquired many of the marketable qualities they are looking for:
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to new circumstances
- Appreciation of different peoples and cultures
- Maturity and independence
- Foreign language skills
Employers want to hire culturally sensitive graduates with practical foreign language skills and a more developed worldview. With a markedly increased exchange across national boundaries, globalization is the buzzword in today's workplace; a global experience during your academic career is a testament to your ability to thrive in your chosen profession after graduation.
Global Career Week
Held in the fall and spring semesters, this week-long series of global career development events is broadcasted live from NYU's New York and London locations. Seminar topics include preparing for a global job search, telling your global story, Peace Corps virtual drop-ins, and career coaching.