Headshot Photo Booth & Career Closet
The Wasserman Center is excited to launch a brand new photo booth at their Union Square location. Get your headshot taken in just a few quick minutes. Need business attire? Jackets are available.
Headshot Photo Booth Directions
- Visit the Wasserman Center USQ Location (133 East 13th Street, Palladium 2nd Floor). Booth is open anytime Wasserman is open.
- Check in for the photo booth on the ipad at the front desk.
- Pose for your headshots.
- Edit your photos.
- Receive your professional quality photos direct to your email.
- Share your photo on your Handshake, LinkedIn or Violet Network profile!
Career Closet Directions
- Bring your NYU ID to the Wasserman Center USQ front desk staff and ask to borrow a business jacket from the closet.
- Choose your preferred jacket, and share with the front desk which jacket number you are using. The front desk will collect your NYU ID as well as jacket ticket number.
- Return the jacket to the front desk to receive back your ID, before you leave Wasserman. Notify the front desk of any damage to the attire you might notice.
Note: Jackets are gender and size inclusive
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a headshot photo?
A headshot photo is often your first impression when featured on your social media profile or website. A headshot allows you to portray the version of yourself to prospective employers and can help you gain visibility in the job search process.
What should I wear for my headshot?
The most important part of a headshot is to be yourself! Consider your career goals when deciding how you want to dress for your headshot appointment. Think about what you might wear to a job interview or presentation. Keep it simple with solid colors. This is a headshot, so pants and shoes are generally not visible in the photo. You can also borrow a jacket from the Career Closet for your photo session. Jackets are gender and size inclusive.
What is the cost?
Headshots are free to the NYU community (Students, Alumni, Faculty & Staff).
Do I need to make an appointment?
The Photo Booth is a self-service first come first served concept. There is no need to make an appointment, you can stop by Wasserman Union Square during office hours and use the booth at any time.
Can I edit the photos?
Each session provides the opportunity to do some limited retouching. You can also edit your headshot(s) from your account after completing the session. Editing options include teeth whitening, blemish removal, skin softening, filters, etc. You will also have the option to retake one of your photos during the session if you would like.
How many photos do I get per session?
Each session includes 3 shots, but there is no limit to the amount of times that you can use the photo booth during the semester or year.
PLEASE NOTE: By using the Wasserman headshot photo booth, NYU and Iris Booth have access to your email address and all photos taken.
The photo booth is a first come first served self-service concept, but Wasserman staff are always available to offer assistance as needed. If a student needs an accommodation for their headshots, they can contact email@example.com to schedule an individualized session.
Clothing Closet Policy
Attire in the closet can be used anytime the Wasserman center is open while physically at the Wasserman Union Square location. Examples might include borrowing a jacket for taking a headshot in the photo booth, for a virtual interview in one of the interview rooms, during employer events like information sessions or other events while the office is open. Attire availability is first come first served. The attire must be returned to the front desk before you leave Wasserman.