As of Fall 2021, all NYU New York students (domestic and international) must reside in the U.S. to be hired for on-campus positions.
Learn more below:
The Wasserman Center physical locations will be open in the Fall 2021 semester on a modified schedule. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for remote I-9 and other onboarding instructions.
Step 1: Complete the Initial Appointment Form
- Log in to Albert, click "Other Resources" at the top of the page, and then click "Wasserman" and "Get Started".
- Submit the Initial Appointment Form (Form B) by clicking "Agree and Print". You do not need to physically print the form. You may print a copy of the form if you need it to apply for a job, but this is not an approved form.
Step 2: Complete an I-9 (In-person Process)
The Wasserman Center physical locations will be open on a modified schedule for processing student employment paperwork in accordance with COVID-19 safety measures. Complete the I-9 , W4, and direct deposit forms through PeopleSync (NYU’s system for Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits). This must be completed within 1-3 business days of your first day of employment.
- Complete the I-9, W4, and direct deposit forms through PeopleSync (NYU’s system for Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits). This must be completed within 1-3 business days of your first day of employment.
- Undergraduate students will receive an email from PeopleSync within 24-48 hours of submitting the Initial Appointment B Form with instructions on how to complete the I-9, W-4 and direct deposit forms.
If you do not receive the email within 24-48 hours, log in to PeopleSync to complete your I-9, W-4 and direct deposit forms, which will be available in your inbox or by searching for the form name in the search bar.
- Graduate students will not receive an email and should log in to PeopleSync directly to complete the I-9, W-4 and direct deposit forms, which will be available in your inbox or by searching for the form name in the search bar.
- International students only need to complete the I-9 and direct deposit forms on PeopleSync. (An NYU Glacier account will be prepared for you to complete the W-4 and other tax documents.)
- Logging into Handshake
- Click “Events”
- Search for “On-Campus Employment Paperwork Verification @ Wasserman Union Square” for available Manhattan times or “On-Campus Employment Paperwork Verification @ Wasserman Brooklyn” for available Brooklyn times
Step 2b: Complete an I-9 (Remote Process)
Per federal guidelines, NYU is allowing the remote completion of I-9s through an authorized agent which can include anyone 18+ who is your friend, neighbor, family member, or another adult. The intent of the authorized agent is confirming your forms of ID are the original and genuine (photo matches the employee).
- Access and print out the required I-9 and remote authorization agent forms. Instructions on how to fill out the forms can be found on a PDF within the linked folder titled "Detailed Remote I-9 Process Instructions".
- Once you have completed both the I-9 and remote authorization agent form, you must upload these forms and your acceptable IDs onto PeopleSync by logging into NYU Home > PeopleSync > Personal Information > More > Worker Documents > Add. Save the scans of your I-9 and documents under the category “supporting I-9 documents”. Electronic signatures are NOT permitted.
- Please be sure to fill out this form once you have uploaded your documents for approval.
Contact us at email@example.com for further instructions if you are unable to complete your I-9 in person with us.
- You must use the following required documentation to complete the verification of your I-9.
- International students who do not have a Social Security number must apply for a social security number with the Office of Global Service.
- After applying for a SSN, have the following required documentation for the completion of your I-9 form:
- Receipt of SSN application
- Foreign Passport
- J-1 Visa/DS-2019 Form OR F-1 Visa/I-20 Form OR EA-Card Visa
- Please note: International Students are not required to have the receipt of SSN application before completing their I-9 due to COVID-19 delays at the Social Security Administration.
Students Who Are 25 and Under
- NY State requires one document during I-9 processing that indicates the student’s date of birth for proof of age. Documents that include the date of birth include the U.S Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Driver’s License, or Birth Certificate.
New York Wage Theft Prevention Act
- Effective 4/9/11, the New York Wage Theft Prevention Act amends and strengthens Section 195 of the Labor Law. Upon hire, all student employees will receive and sign a notice from the NYU hiring department. This notice will include employer information, the employee's rate of pay, frequency of pay, and overtime pay rate.
Submit the Reappointment Form. Log in to Albert, click "Other Resources" at the top of the page, and then click "Wasserman".
- Returning student employees who are U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents who submit a Reappointment Form will be electronically approved before 1-3 business days. International students who submit a Reappointment Form must show proof of work authorization by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.