The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development empowers our students and alumni to succeed at every stage of their career by creating opportunities for them to develop the skills, experiences, and connections they need to thrive in a dynamic global economy.
NYU faculty and staff are pivotal in ensuring this success which is why we have compiled a variety of resources, tools, and opportunities for collaboration to support student and alumni career development.
Review the career development process and violet ready skills. This cycle can help students throughout their whole professional life. They will move through these stages at many points in their career and return back as needed to continue to reflect as interests, jobs, and industries change and build skills needed to be successful.
Incorporate the skills into your activities by showcasing how the work you are doing with them directly ties to success in the workplace.
Discover key services and resources available for students and alumni to take charge of their careers. We encourage you to share with your students!
- Career Coaching Appointments
- On-Campus Employment
- On-Campus Interviews
- Career Fairs
- International Student Support
- Violet Network
- Grants, Scholarships & Fellowships
- Wasserman Blog
- Coaching International students
- Coaching Students with Disabilities
- Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, and Equity Resources
- Graduate Student Resources & Support
- For a comprehensive list of all resources, check out the resources section of Handshake for hundreds more!
We developed a few ways for you to incorporate career development into your daily work with students. Use content as is, adapt it to fit your audience, or connect with us directly to discuss your needs.
- The Wasserman Career Readiness Course on Brightspace is a 6-unit, non-credit asynchronous course designed to help students gain a helpful understanding of how values, identities, and priorities can align with future work and career decisions. Share with your students or integrate the content to support experiential learning within your programs.
- Access our Google site* full of ready-to-share and customizable resources. New resources are continually added.*NYU login credentials required.
The Network was founded in 2019 to achieve two main goals:
- Develop stronger relationships among faculty, staff, and the Wasserman Center.
- Create a community of career champions that can meet students where they are to provide support and guidance in their career development.
Equip yourself to support students as they navigate the changing career landscape by joining the Career Advising Network and gain the tools to have meaningful career exploration conversations.
Help NYU talent get hired! Integrate Hire Violet into interactions with alumni and employers. Learn how you can directly impact and support career outcomes.
Looking to collaborate with the Wasserman team for an event, training, or just wanting to talk through how you can best utilize all the resources available? Email us at email@example.com and a staff member will follow up with you to discuss next steps.
Handshake is the Wasserman Center's career development platform for jobs, internships, events, and more! Students can build their career by connecting with relevant opportunities based on their profile, interests and search activity. Easily apply for positions, explore companies and connections and sign up for coaching appointments, career fairs and workshops all in one place!