The On-Campus Recruitment program (OCR) provides employers with the opportunity to hold presentations and conduct interviews for full-time positions and paid summer internships in both the fall and spring semesters. Until further notice, all NYU recruitment events will be conducted virtually.
After you post your position and select an interview date, the opportunity will be live to students. Once the resume submission deadline passes, you select the candidates you wish to interview, and then we take care of coordinating the interview schedule.
Benefits of On-Campus Recruitment
We stay on top of all of your interview schedules and prepare interview packets with your finalized schedule and interviewees' resumes on your interview day.
We can coordinate virtual interviews to allow you to interview our students with ease and efficiency.
On-Site Facilities (Currently Unavailable)
- 22 interview rooms
- Employer Business Center complete with coffee, espresso, tea, complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary lunch and snacks
- Secure Wi-Fi access
Request an Interview Date
We accept reservations on a rolling basis. We encourage you to allow 3-4 weeks for the application, selection, and interview sign-up process. If you require a shorter turnaround time, you can request the 'Room Reservation Only' model where you will utilize our rooms but coordinate interviews directly with candidates.
- Log into your Handshake account
- Select Request an Interview from your home page.
- Review full instructions from Handshake
- You will receive a confirmation email once your date is confirmed (2-3 business days).
- Due to space constraints, we ask that you please be conservative with your number of room requests.
During the Employer Select Period you can view applicants and change their status to Invited, Alternate or Not Selected.
- Log in to Handshake and select Interview type
- Click the Review Applicants tab
- Select the students you would like to invite to interview
- Clicl add students to interview group from drop down menu
- Click create New Group or Add to existing group
- Confirm selection
- Review full instructions via Handshake
Please contact the Recruitment Team immediately if you miss the preselect deadline or if you experience difficulty entering your candidate selections.
Please check in at the OCR desk when you arrive for your interviews. We will provide you with your interview schedule and resumes for the day, and escort you to your assigned room. Please be prepared to show a photo ID at the security desk.
We require that all employers honor all offers made as is and that no conditions be placed on the offer. Pressure to accept early makes it difficult for us to enforce our strict policies against students reneging on job offers. Please refrain from pressuring students on acceptances and understand the necessity of letting candidates make an informed decision resulting in truly committed employees. Exploding offers and special incentives such as diminishing bonuses and location preference should not be held out to induce a student to accept an offer early.
- Employers must give students three weeks to decide about job and internship offers.
- If a summer internship is converted to a full-time offer, students have until October 1, 2021 to decide.
If you do not abide by the OCR offer policies, your ability to request interview and presentation dates for the following semester will be impacted.
Second Round Interview Policy
Employers must give students 72 hours notice to schedule their interview. This allows sufficient time to rearrange first round interviews.
- January 24: Spring term classes begin
- January 24: Employer presentations begin (full-time and internship)
- January 28: Interviews begin (full-time and internship)
- February 21: President’s Day*
- March 14-20: NYU Spring Break*
- May 9: Last day of spring classes
- May 9: Last day interviews
- May 9: Last day of employer presentations
*No interviews or events
- Students in the class of 2022 are eligible for full-time OCR. December graduates maintain OCR privileges throughout the spring semester.
- Students in the class of 2023 are eligible for summer internship OCR.
Visit NYU Academics for detailed information about schools and majors.
Room Reservation Only (Currently Unavailable)
An interview room is reserved for your use all day. You may attach a position to the OCR posting or direct students to apply directly via the company website and you manage the interview schedule. Please note, this option may only be used to interview current NYU students.