In light of COVID-19 and the resulting challenges, the Wasserman Center will be continuing with a virtual recruiting process for Spring 2021. On-campus interviews will take place virtually on your scheduled date on your organization’s platform of choice. Our team is still here to help create interview schedules and provide any needed support leading up to and on the day of your interviews. If and when guidelines change, we will reach out to you to determine your preferred format for interviews and provide appropriate safety measures for in-person events.
The On-Campus Recruitment program (OCR) provides employers with the opportunity to hold presentations and conduct interviews for full-time positions and paid summer internships in both the fall and spring semesters.
After you post your position and select an interview date, we will market the opportunity to qualified students who meet your position requirements. Once the resume submission deadline passes, you select the candidates you wish to interview, and then we take care of coordinating the interview schedule.
Benefits of On-Campus Recruitment
We stay on top of all of your interview schedules and prepare interview packets with your finalized schedule and interviewees' resumes on your interview day.
We can coordinate virtual interviews to allow you to interview our students with ease and efficiency.
On-Site Facilities (not available for Fall 2020 or Spring 2021)
- 22 interview rooms
- Employer Business Center complete with coffee, espresso, tea, complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary lunch and snacks
- Secure Wi-Fi access
Request an Interview Date
We accept reservations on a rolling basis. We encourage you to allow 3-4 weeks for the application, selection, and interview sign-up process. If you require a shorter turnaround time, you can request the 'Room Reservation Only' model where you will utilize our rooms but coordinate interviews directly with candidates.
- Log into your Handshake account
- Select Request an Interview from your home page.
- Review full instructions from Handshake
- You will receive a confirmation email once your date is confirmed (2-3 business days).
- Due to space constraints, we ask that you please be conservative with your number of room requests.
During the Employer Select Period you can view applicants and change their status to Invited, Alternate or Not Selected.
- Log in to Handshake and select Interview type
- Click the Review Applicants tab
- Select the students you would like to invite to interview
- Clicl add students to interview group from drop down menu
- Click create New Group or Add to existing group
- Confirm selection
- Review full instructions via Handshake
Please contact the Recruitment Team immediately if you miss the preselect deadline or if you experience difficulty entering your candidate selections.
Interview Day-Not available during Spring 2021
Please check in at the OCR desk when you arrive for your interviews. We will provide you with your interview schedule and resumes for the day, and escort you to your assigned room. Please be prepared to show a photo ID at the security desk.
We require that all employers honor all offers made as is and that no conditions be placed on the offer. Pressure to accept early makes it difficult for us to enforce our strict policies against students reneging on job offers. Please refrain from pressuring students on acceptances and understand the necessity of letting candidates make an informed decision resulting in truly committed employees. Exploding offers and special incentives such as diminishing bonuses and location preference should not be held out to induce a student to accept an offer early.
- Employers must give students three weeks to decide about job and internship offers.
- If a summer internship is converted to a full-time offer, students have until October 1, 2020 to decide.
If you do not abide by the OCR offer policies, your ability to request interview and presentation dates for the following semester will be impacted.
Second Round Interview Policy
Employers must give students 72 hours notice to schedule their interview. This allows sufficient time to rearrange first round interviews.
- January 28: Spring term classes begin
- January 28: Employer presentations begin (full-time and internship)
- January 28: Interviews begin (full-time and internship)
- February 17: President’s Day*
- February 26: Spring 2021 Internship Fair*
- March 19: No classes*
- April 6: Spring 2021 Full Time Opportunities Fair*
- April 19: No classes*
- May 10: Last day of spring classes
- May 10: Last day interviews
- May 10: Last day of employer presentations
*No interviews or events
- Students in the class of 2021 are eligible for full-time OCR. December graduates maintain OCR privileges throughout the spring semester.
- Students in the class of 2022 are eligible for summer internship OCR.
Visit NYU Academics for detailed information about schools and majors.
Room Reservation Only (Not available Fall 2020)
An interview room is reserved for your use all day. You may attach a position to the OCR posting or direct students to apply directly via the company website and you manage the interview schedule. Please note, this option may only be used to interview current NYU students.