The On-Campus Interview (OCI) program provides employers with the opportunity to interview NYU students for full-time positions and paid summer internships in both the fall and spring semesters.
This year, OCI will be operating under a hybrid model. Organizations can choose to either conduct interviews in person at the Wasserman Center, or to interview NYU students virtually on the platform of their choice.
OCI Student Eligibility
NYU undergraduate and graduate degree candidates (except MBA, Law, Medicine, and Dentistry students) are eligible to participate.
Students in the class of 2023 are eligible for full-time OCI positions. December graduates maintain OCI privileges throughout the spring semester.
Students in the class of 2024 are eligible for summer internships.
Visit NYU Academics for detailed information about schools and majors.
Benefits of On-Campus Interviews
For on-site interviews, we take care of coordinating your interview schedule and prepare interview packets with interviewees' resumes and your finalized schedules on your interview day.
- Meet face-to-face with NYU student talent during on-campus interviews
- 20 interview rooms
- Employer Business Center complete with coffee, espresso, tea
- Complimentary snacks
- Secure Wi-Fi access
Utilize Handshake to seamlessly schedule and conduct virtual interviews with NYU candidates using the Handshake “Room Reservation Only” interview tool.
- For our Employer Partners, our Recruitment team will take care of all the virtual scheduling for you.
OCI Interview Formats
Under our hybrid OCI model, there are two main types of interview formats available:
- Pre-Select: Choose the candidates you’d like to interview, and our team handles the scheduling and coordination. This option is only available for on-site interviews.
- Room Reservation Only: You coordinate the entire scheduling process on your own via Handshake with the candidates of your choice. This option is available for on-site and virtual interviews.
Pre-Select Instructions (On-Site)
Request an Interview Date
We accept OCI reservations on a rolling basis. Please allow at least 3 weeks for the application, selection, and interview sign-up process to occur once you’ve posted the position on Handshake. If you require a shorter turnaround time, you can request the 'Room Reservation Only' model to coordinate interviews directly with candidates.
- Log into your Handshake account
- Select Request an Interview from your home page
- Review full instructions from Handshake
- You will receive a confirmation email once your date is confirmed (2-3 business days)
- (For in-person) Due to space constraints, we ask that you please be conservative with your number of room requests
After you post your position on Handshake and select an interview date, the opportunity will be live to students. During the Employer Select Period your resume packet will be available for download on Handshake under Interviews Tab.
During the Employer Select Period you can view applicants and change their status to Invited, Alternate or Not Selected.
- Log in to Handshake and select Interview type
- Click the Review Applicants tab
- Select the students you would like to invite to interview
- Click add students to interview group from drop down menu
- Click create New Group or Add to existing group
- Confirm selection
- Review full instructions via Handshake
Please contact the Recruitment Team immediately if you miss the preselect deadline or if you experience difficulty entering your candidate selections.
Please check in at the Recruitment desk when you arrive for your interviews. We will provide you with your interview schedule and resumes for the day, and escort you to your assigned room. Please be prepared to show a photo ID at the security desk.
Room Reservation Only (Virtual or On-Site)
You directly manage the interview schedule on Handshake. With this option, you can Interview students virtually, or request our Recruitment Team reserves NYU Wasserman’s on-campus interview rooms. You must attach a position to the OCI posting on Handshake, or direct students to apply directly via the company website. You manage the interview schedule virtually via Handshake. Please note, this option may only be used to interview current NYU students.
We require that employers honor all offers made as is, and that no conditions be placed on the offer. Please refrain from pressuring students on acceptances and understand the necessity of letting candidates make an informed decision resulting in truly committed employees. Exploding offers and special incentives, such as diminishing bonuses and location preference, should not be held out to induce a student to accept an offer early. Pressure to accept early makes it difficult for us to enforce our strict policies against students reneging on job offers.
- Employers must give students three weeks to decide about job and internship offers.
- If a summer internship is converted to a full-time offer, students have until October 1, 2022 to decide.
If you do not abide by the above OCI offer policies, your ability to request interview and presentation dates for the following semester may be impacted.
For first round interviews, employers must give students a minimum of 72 hours notice to schedule their interview. This policy also applies to second round interviews conducted on-site, as it allows the NYU Recruitment Team sufficient time to rearrange first round interviews.
Spring 2023 Recruitment Dates:
(*No interviews or events)
January 23: Employer presentations begin
January 30: Interviews begin (full-time and internship)
February 20: Presidents’ Day*
February 24: Spring 2023 Virtual Internship Fair
March 13 - 19: NYU Spring Break*
March 30 - Spring 2023 Virtual Full-time OpportunitiesFair
April 7: Good Friday*
May 8: Last day of spring classes / last day of interviews & employer presentations
There is no fee for on-campus interviews.