New York University will extend credit to students who present written authorization from a third party/sponsoring company (parents and relatives are not considered Third Parties) for payment of tuition and/or fees on their organization or corporate letterhead. We do not extend credit for third party payments that are contingent upon course completion or a specific grade.
All letters are subject to review and must include the following information:
- Student name
- Student ID number
- Semester(s)/Academic Year covered
- Number of credits or course work covered
- Dollar or percentage limit (tuition and/or fees) if applicable
- Sponsoring company's name, billing address, contact person, e-mail address and telephone number
Letters can be faxed to (212) 998-2817, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in-person.
Methods of Payment:
- Checks or wire transfers only
- Credit Card payments are not accepted
The extension of credit by the University for an anticipated third party payment does not relieve a student from any financial responsibilities to New York University. If payment is not received from the third party, a student will be held liable for all charges and any interest that may have accrued on their account.
We are able to accept authorizations or financial guarantee letters received after the Final Bill Date for the term - and invoice the organization, but we will not apply an Anticipated 3rd Party Credit on your account until the payment is received.