In a Life- or Limb-Threatening Emergency
- Call 911 to reach New York City Emergency Services.
- Then call NYU Campus Safety at (212) 998-2222 to report the emergency.
Urgent Medical Needs
- Call the Student Health Center at (212) 443-1000 and ask to speak with a nurse. If you're calling when the SHC is closed, select the medical option to speak with a nurse who will be able to assess your symptoms and determine the appropriate course of action.
- If you are experiencing urgent minor medical conditions (NOT EMERGENCIES), you can schedule a video chat with an NYU Langone Health doctor from any device with video capabilities using the Virtual Urgent Care component of the NYU Langone Health app.
Urgent Mental Health Needs
- Call the Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline at (212) 443-9999
- Or call NYU Campus Safety 24/7 at (212) 998-2222
We strongly advise that you obtain help from a professional counselor as soon as possible. You don't have to give your name if you prefer to remain anonymous.
Call the Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline at (212) 443-9999 and ask for a Crisis Response Counselor.
- What to Do If You Experienced an Incident
- Resources If You Were Harmed
- Confidential Resources for Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
Emergency Eye Care
If you have an urgent eye condition that requires immediate care, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai’s team of specialists is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a dental emergency, you can seek care through the NYU College of Dentistry's Emergency Services/Urgent Care.