Billing & Patient Accounts
NYU SHC will bill the student’s health insurance carrier for charges incurred at SHC. If the insurance plan does not cover the service or does not pay the entire bill, the student is responsible for the bill.
Students are billed for unpaid balances on a monthly basis. However, if accounts are not settled in a timely manner, the unpaid balance is transferred to the Bursar’s office to be added to the student’s tuition account.
Please review billing at the SHC.
SHC is in-network with the following plans:
- Basic, Comprehensive & Tandon
- NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU Shanghai, and NYU Study Away
- Choice, Choice Plus, Select, Select Plus, Oxford Freedom, Liberty, Options, Indemnity
For all other insurance plans, the SHC is out of network.
Paying Your Bill
SHC accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit Card
- Money Order
- Online Portal: visit shcportal.nyu.edu and click on "Account Summary" to view and pay your bill online.
Please contact us if you have any questions, especially:
- if there appears to be an error in your statement;
- if you anticipate problems paying your portion of the SHC bill
We're available Monday-Friday, 9am–5pm.
Financial Counseling & Assistance
- SHC’s goal is to help students effectively navigate and resolve unpaid medical bills due to financial hardship by advocating on behalf of the students with health insurance carriers and healthcare facilities.
- The SHC has a Patient Financial Services Specialist who is a resource for students in need of assistance in resolving complex issues related to health care billing, payments, referral arrangements and health insurance. Contact the Patient Financial Services Specialist at (212) 443-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for Financial Assistance
The Graduate Medical Financial Hardship Fund aims to assist full-time graduate students at NYU who have significant financial hardship caused by unusually large medical expenses. Only full-time graduate and professional students are eligible to apply for this fund.