GYN Health is dedicated to help anyone with female, GYN, women’s health, or reproductive concerns. Our team includes board-certified physicians (MDs), nurse practitioners (NPs), registered nurses (RNs) and medical assistants.
We provide inclusive and gender-affirming care in collaboration across SHC department. Learn more about health and wellness services for trans and non-binary students.
Services We Provide
We offer in-person and virtual services, depening on your needs. The GYN Health team is dedicated to providing confidential information, examinations, treatment, and information to anyone with female, GYN, women’s health, or reproductive concerns.
- Annual GYN visits to review your health history, perform age-appropriate screenings and vaccinations, and counsel you about sexual and reproductive health relevant to you
- Pap smears for cervical cancer prevention as indicated by your age and personal history
- Visits to help you with birth control, STI and HIV testing and treatment, vulvovaginal symptoms, menstrual problems, pregnancy testing and referral, and breast concerns, among others. These visits are available on a routine basis or as-needed if you have any new or specific concerns.
- Sexual assault assessment and care, in conjunction with the Wellness Exchange
- On-site procedures including IUD/implant insertion and removal, colposcopy, and others. Procedures are performed at the Manhattan SHC only and in conjunction with providers in Primary Care.
Many services are at no cost to you. Others are billed to insurance and you may be responsible for a portion of the fee based on your insurance carrier.
Nurse-led Educational Workshops
Our Registered Nurses offer one-on-one workshops on a variety of topics including:
- Contraceptive Options
- Gynecological Exams, including topics like "What to Expect" and "What is a Pap smear?"
- Preventing Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Breast Self-Exam
- And more
Workshops are available throughout the week by appointment. You can make an appointment online or call (212) 443-1166 and ask for a nurse appointment for a workshop.